Tamiya sdkfz 250/3

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lots of info coming your way Brad. Looking forward to seeing how the radio sets work out. No pressure mate:smiling2::smiling5::smiling:

B

Brad9826

Brad,

looking good mate the engine look suitably busy.
Thanks Scottie, as always with things that wont be seen ,so not much ty time will be spent on that part as I'll have work cut out elsewhere.

Lots of info coming your way Brad. Looking forward to seeing how the radio sets work out. No pressure mate:smiling2::smiling5::smiling:
Ahh thanks for that Steve...

Just ordered some internal photoetch , antennaes and optics, also found on the net some original 250 version layouts, which should help.

B

Brad9826

So, no progress made at all over the past couple of days, but hopefully will be able to have another go tomorrow, tonight will be deciding on what to do.
These arrived over the past couple of days just a couple of other things to come. In the centre is MikeC castings for me... So a big thanks to Mike.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.IMG_20181216_175120283~2.jpg

B

Brad9826

So a bit done tonight. This was how the radios looked before.IMG_20181203_225120780.jpg
So to fix Mike's radios in this had to happen
IMG_20181217_215215127.jpg
Then reassembly..and some scratch..first time so don't expect a lot..god knows how I'm going to get the wires on/in, and paint it...Mike thanks for radios.1545089546078829588664.jpg
Still stuff to add..
Thanks for looking... It should end up looking something like this15450897448901875631614.jpg1545089786517356462041.jpg
Images for discussion purposes only

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
All good stuff and some great ref. photos as well.
Cheers, Rick H.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
So a bit done tonight. This was how the radios looked before.View attachment 323170
So to fix Mike's radios in this had to happen
View attachment 323171
Then reassembly..and some scratch..first time so don't expect a lot..god knows how I'm going to get the wires on/in, and paint it...Mike thanks for radios.View attachment 323172
Still stuff to add..
Thanks for looking... It should end up looking something like thisView attachment 323173View attachment 323174
Images for discussion purposes only
Brad,
Not a problem. To tell the truth I kept looking at them and thinking they were not the correct size, the proof of the pudding will be under the paint, is the detail crisp enough etc. Cheers, Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice reference work Brad, The radios have gone together well. They will certainly stand out once painted. Great stuff

B

Brad9826

Brad,
Not a problem. To tell the truth I kept looking at them and thinking they were not the correct size, the proof of the pudding will be under the paint, is the detail crisp enough etc. Cheers, Mike.
hi Mike sorry for delay. had time away with the family and finishing therapy with the NHS Vets service. Thanks to them for their time and effort, not completely fixed but better than I was. Again many thanks to them:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
I had to pull your sets out as I was losing the detail under the paint, however I will use them as some extra type of junctions within the vehicle.
thanks for providing them anyway, they will be useful elsewhere. maybe it's just me being heavy on the paint... anyway , hopefully get back to bench/table shortly
:thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
hi Mike sorry for delay. had time away with the family and finishing therapy with the NHS Vets service. Thanks to them for their time and effort, not completely fixed but better than I was. Again many thanks to them:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.
I had to pull your sets out as I was losing the detail under the paint, however I will use them as some extra type of junctions within the vehicle.
thanks for providing them anyway, they will be useful elsewhere. maybe it's just me being heavy on the paint... anyway , hopefully get back to bench/table shortly
:thumb2:
Brad,
Not to worry, the detail is soft on them anyway. The other way to go is to try to find, Aber set 35 A79 'German Tank Radio Set Fu 2 & Fu 5' One set of fret and six sides (A4 size) yep six sides of instructions - frightening....
Mike.

B

Brad9826

Brad,
Not to worry, the detail is soft on them anyway. The other way to go is to try to find, Aber set 35 A79 'German Tank Radio Set Fu 2 & Fu 5' One set of fret and six sides (A4 size) yep six sides of instructions - frightening....
Mike.
Oh my...six sides... Think I've been pointed that way by Peter g for the Aber ...ah onwards we go...

B

Brad9826

Hi all ,
I have put this on hold at the moment as I've lost the mojo for it, i hope to return to it later in the year.
Hope you'll join in again when it comes off the shelf.
Cheers