Tamiya Suzuki 1100 Katana 1:12 Scale

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I was given this at Christmas as a bit of a gag gift from my son's potential mother in law, whom I had never met! She knew I was into motorcycles and as a secret santa present , it had to be something beginning with my first letter of my name - bingo , great present !!

I have built a few bikes years ago and now have time to get on with it at the same time as I struggle to finish a Citroen I have fallen out of love with ......

I like the fact the engine is all on show and the styling is a bit quirky - still at 150mph not much could live with it back in the day !

DSC04587.jpgDSC04582.jpgDSC04583.jpgDSC04584.JPGDSC04585.jpgDSC04586.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interested in this one, I had just started mine when I packed the man cave away....there is an interesting magazine report out there from back in the day where the reporter was told by the engineers supplying the bike “don’t ride it in the rain, it’s lethal”......I found it while researching colours for my build....

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this is a great kit, done it a coupe of times

only thing to watch out for is attaching the 'glass' screen, dont get glue every where or fog it

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice to have you on board - will be a week or so before I get stuck in as I have visitors , thanks for the advise guys !

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I got started a few days ago , engine mostly done , frame getting ready too ....

I made the mistake of researching the real thing and found a few brilliantly made models that will be beyond my skill, patience,eye sight and resources ( only a few brushes and paints! )

I know it is about the cheapest Tamiya motorbike around , must be loads of stock out there !!

Let's see what happens over the next week or two !
DSC04589.jpgDSC04592.jpgDSC04593.jpgDSC04594.jpg

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
What is the latest /best adhesive for not spoiling clear plastic ?

Is Humbrol Clearfix any good , is there better ? I've not used anything other than Revell Contacta

Thanks

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Starting to look like a bike now. Great stuff. Any problems so far?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking better and better.....lovely crisp finish so far....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Looking good. Nice neat, clean build. As to the best glue for clear parts - Peter's suggestion will work fine. I like Micro Kristal Klear which John sells in the shop. HERE
Jim

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the comments , on the home stretch now ...... lots of fiddly tubing for brake hoses , speedo , tacho , throttle etc.

IMG_2760.JPG