Tamiya tape

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks Simon, is the glass you use some sort of toughened glass.

thought about your good idea of using glass to cut on til I thought about what would happen if it broke.

Tony.

First Name
Dave
I cut my tape on the shiny side of a piece of hardboard.I find the scalpel blades last longer than cutting on glass

simontie

SMF Supporter
First Name
simon
tony it is toughened glass - but you still need to be carefull every now and then i take it off and clean under and around it, down side of safety glass is contact with a solid corner and it will shatter - up side flat even surface everytime you work on it and as long as your bench is flat no problems - i have had this glass around 2 years but like most glass it become harder with age that why glass companys cutting glass make it look easy - the glass there using is softer once its exposed to the sun etc it gets brittle - another up side is if you ask any one of these companys for an off cut they will probable just give it to you - or if you remember the old hi-fi cabinets with the smoked glass doors - one of those would be good too - as dave rightly said the scaple blades do blunt on it - at the end of the day it come down to choice everybody has there own way of doing it this is my way

simon

View attachment 36890

View attachment 41106

View attachment 41107

M1-003.jpg

50th-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: