Tamiya Thinner

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I heard that Tamiya enamel thinner can be used on Gunze acrylics and Tamiya acrylic. Is this right? Because if this true, I can save money on getting gunze's thinner and enamel thinner and instead just get the Tamiya enamel thinner.

John

D

dubster72

By enamel thinner, do you mean lacquer thinner? If so, then I've used it with both brands of paint & it's far superior to Tamiya standard thinner.

The paint goes on much smoother & vastly reduces tip drying. Also its never caused a problem with my cheap Chinese AB, even though it's 'hotter' than XA-20 thinners.

Hope this helps

Patrick

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Yep, lacquer thinner. thanks for the reply

John

W

Willi262

I found this and feel this captures my attitude towards XA20...

M

MarshMan

By enamel thinner, do you mean lacquer thinner? If so, then I've used it with both brands of paint & it's far superior to Tamiya standard thinner.

The paint goes on much smoother & vastly reduces tip drying. Also its never caused a problem with my cheap Chinese AB, even though it's 'hotter' than XA-20 thinners.

Hope this helps

Patrick
What does ‘hotter’ mean please?

First Name
Wouter
There's even a thinner which works even better than Tammi's Lacquer thinner in my opinion and that's Mr. Levelling Thinner. Won't go back anymore here ^^

Cheers