Tamiya US 6x6 Fuel Truck 1/48

W

Workshopscience

Hello

This isn't much of a build thread because I already mostly built it since it goes together quickly but here it is anyway:

View attachment 104795

To complement the truck and the diorama that I will put it on, I got the tamiya jerry can kit

View attachment 104794

The chassis was easy to assemble, I airbrush it olive drab then I picked out the details with flat black

View attachment 104808

The cockpit did not have many details but you won't see much of it anyway in the finished model

View attachment 104807

Unfortunately, there is no "engine". I was hoping that the hood could be opened

View attachment 104806

Once assembled, I airbrushed the front of the truck with black to create a sort of pre-shading

View attachment 104804

The pre-shading seems to have worked after airbrushing a thin coat of olive drabView attachment 104803

Cockpit glued onto the chassis and a bit of dry brushing with chrome silver to create a worn look

View attachment 104834

The wheels were a bit of a pain and took a good couple hours to paint

View attachment 104802

But once finished and glued into place, they looked really cool

View attachment 104793

To create the fuel hose, metal wire is inserted into a rubber tube so that later you can adjust its position easily.

View attachment 104792

Once again, pre-shading

View attachment 104801

Assembling the fuel cistern

View attachment 104800

the roof and a few bits and pieces glued into place

View attachment 104799

Sidewalls installed and everything else painted. Unfortunately, most of the detail inside the hose compartment won't be seen because of a closed hatch.

View attachment 104796

Too much weathering?

View attachment 104798

So far, so good...

View attachment 104797

I did not want to airbrush a clear coat because when I tried it on the chassis, it made it too dark and softened a lot of the detail. Also, it is hard to get the gloss back to a nice flat finished later on. For this reason, I decided to apply decals straight onto the paint. As you can see, it did't work because the paint would get stained by the water and change its tone. I decided that until I knew of a solution to this, I will not apply any more decals. Can anyone help?

View attachment 104791

I think the bottom turned out well

View attachment 104835

When placed in the P-47 diorama, obvious flaws such as a lack of decals are not very noticeable.

View attachment 104836

The build is not finished yet, I need to make the figures and I will try to somehow sort out the decals, maybe rub on transfers?

I will be away for about a month so I won't be able to build the great scale figures that come with this kit but it will be the first thing I do when I come back.

See you next time

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4947.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4976.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4970.JPG

IMG_4967.JPG

IMG_4964.JPG

IMG_4963.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4952.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Great Stuff Ivan ....... A good clean build. I like that a lot.

Peter

J

jono

Looks good & a nice view of the transmission drives. A job well done.

John.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice clean build you have Ivan i do like it, ;)

W

Workshopscience

Hello every one, got back from my holiday with renewed enthusiasm to continue scale modelling! I order to complete my P-47 diorama, I assembled and painted three of the figures included in the refuelling truck but unfortunately I lost one of their heads so now its down to two.

View attachment 107718

The clothes were painted khaki, the helmet olive drab, booths flat black and the skin in Tamiya flesh

View attachment 107715

I love how tamiya included a rubber refuelling line, it adds realism and is really easy to adjust.

View attachment 107716

Along with the figures, I painted some of the miscellaneous parts from the Tamiya WW2 jerry can and supplies set and added them to the scene.

View attachment 107717

Is a shame that the driver won't be seen once I put the doors back on.

Can't wait to start my next scale model, a Tamiya A-1 skyraider in 1/48!

See you next time

IMG_5071.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG

IMG_5065.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good Ivan nice work so far, ;)

D

dougie

Nice work, glad you found the enthusiasm to finish it. Look forward to the skyraider