tamiya yamaha yzr 500 conversion

P

Paulali

thanks Paul,im edging to completion,really only got the side fairings to do,and some more decal work,but i want the side fairings to harden off a bit more before i mask up for the red,i hear the zero paints are very good,i hope you post these bike builds up here on the forum,i have just started the tamiya yamaha yzr 500 from 1983,with the kenny roberts figure

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul

Yeah, best to take your time and let the paint fully cure. The build isn't a race and the result will be better for it.

I'll definitely post the builds (when I get the time to do them). Bikes are not my usual type of build but I love the clean and very precise look of these models.

Also, achieving the paint finish on these builds is a different kind of challenge to, say, weathering a 1/35 panzer or mottling a 1/32 Me109. And they do make stunning finished objects.

I think that after the 1/16 Pz IV I may take a look at those 2 bike builds.

The Roberts 500 sounds very cool and I'm definitely looking forward to that. It's also my bike hero worship era and King Kenny was definitely a favourite.

Cheers

Paul

P

Paulali

A guy on another forum, a few years ago i might add,didnt add the side wings on the fairing,saying they were never used,but i use the motocourse books for reference,and they were used,so i have added mine to the model,allways pays to research

D

dougie

Lovely work mate, they all look great. Did you do a completed thread?

P

Paulali

\ said:
Lovely work mate, they all look great. Did you do a completed thread?
thanks Dougie,what do you mean by a completed thread?

D

dougie

\ said:
thanks Dougie,what do you mean by a completed thread?
A thread just with completed model pics and coloured banner so we can comment on the finished build. They usually get more attention too

P

Paulali

\ said:
A thread just with completed model pics and coloured banner so we can comment on the finished build. They usually get more attention too
so sorry Dougie,i now know what you mean,and no i have not put this in the completed thread,but i will

D

dougie

\ said:
so sorry Dougie,i now know what you mean,and no i have not put this in the completed thread,but i will
cool! more people can appreciate it!