Tammy Schwimmer

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Adding lots of detail already :thumb2: Being such a small vehicle I'll bet its a pesky little blighter to add etch to :tongue-out3:
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Sure is a tiny thing Paul, with a boat load of PE. Looking great though.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Scottie ive only just found this build excuse me but is it a swimming car ? as remember im not into all these type of vechiles
chris

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work paul , the etch and scratchbuilt additions are making a massive difference , top stuff cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good so far.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sure is a tiny thing Paul, with a boat load of PE. Looking great though.
Andy, Your right it is little but it is fun to do.
HI Scottie ive only just found this build excuse me but is it a swimming car ? as remember im not into all these type of vechiles
chris
Yes mate it is a swimming car, based on the beetle as was the Kublewagon and as far as I know it was very successful.
schwimmwagon.jpg
Fantastic work paul , the etch and scratchbuilt additions are making a massive difference , top stuff cheers tony
Thanks Tony, glad your liking it so far
Looking good so far.
Thanks Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Fine piece of work so far Scottie. There is an awful lot of shiny stuff showing on this one mate.
Cheers, Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Scottie,
Looking great already with all the tweaks :thumb2:

Very nearly picked up one of these at the weekend but managed to convince myself I have too many in the stash already.....I’ll make myself feel better by watching you bling it up:cool:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fine piece of work so far Scottie. There is an awful lot of shiny stuff showing on this one mate.
Cheers, Rick H.
Hi Rick,
Given its size I think there is more bling than plastic :tongue-out3:
Hi Scottie,
Looking great already with all the tweaks :thumb2:

Very nearly picked up one of these at the weekend but managed to convince myself I have too many in the stash already.....I’ll make myself feel better by watching you bling it up:cool:
Si,
You should get one they are a great little kit and given the size they can be added to another scene for extra interest.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I was just thinking to myself that I missed a trick earlier in the build. On the kit there is a clear joint internally where the top and bottom tub parts meet. I should have used very thin evergreen sheet to make a liner to cover this joint up. If I build another one I will do this.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si,
You should get one they are a great little kit and given the size they can be added to another scene for extra interest.
[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly what I was thinking:thumb2:

First Name
Jason
Cracking job Scottie... I remember making this as a small boy!!!.... the concept of a swimming car had me fascinated ... although I have to say my efforts were not a patch on this beauty!
Jason

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cracking job Scottie... I remember making this as a small boy!!!.... the concept of a swimming car had me fascinated ... although I have to say my efforts were not a patch on this beauty!
Jason
Thanks Jason I to built this many moons ago and my efforts were questionable some would say they still are lol.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The assembly is now pretty much done. it is all set aside to dry. If you are wondering the black cotton on the front is to tie down the tarp on the resin spare wheel. Hopefully it will become clear when it is assembled. The wheels, seats, windscreen and roof have been left off for painting.
The etch set has all the makings for the roof frame but not sure if I will bother with it.

DSCF2005.JPG

DSCF2006.JPG

DSCF2007.JPG

DSCF2008.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just noticed on the picture I have forgotten the strap holding the propeller up. I will fix that tomorrow.