Tangmere Museum Today

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I am in West Sussex at the moment so visited on my bike!
Nice museum with not only lots of the real thing and memorabilia, but plenty of very nice models!
Well worth a visit ( more photos of the big stuff if interested !)

DSC00258.jpg
DSC00203.jpgDSC00204.jpgDSC00227.jpgDSC00228.jpgDSC00232.jpgDSC00238.jpg

DSC00239.jpgDSC00241.jpgDSC00242.jpgDSC00253.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks for sharing!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice shots Steve. Looks like a fun day out. Last one looks like the Italeri 1/48 Stuka. I built one, and you have to display it like that ‘cos the fairings don’t fit once the engine is in…..

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Last one looks like the Italeri 1/48 Stuka. I built one, and you have to display it like that ‘cos the fairings don’t fit once the engine is in…..
I may be wrong but I seem to have seen a lot of threads recently where that is a problem.....I may be stupid/naive but how can you get something that fundamental wrong.....

Confused of MK.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I may be wrong but I seem to have seen a lot of threads recently where that is a problem.....I may be stupid/naive but how can you get something that fundamental wrong.....

Confused of MK.

ATB.

Andrew
Thickness of plastic parts is probably the culprit Andrew. You simply can’t make the covers prototypically thin enough and still be able to handle them. Most model engine covers are around a scale four inches thick or more.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The Italeri 1/48 Stuka is a really good kit, by the way.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thickness of plastic parts is probably the culprit Andrew. You simply can’t make the covers prototypically thin enough and still be able to handle them. Most model engine covers are around a scale four inches thick or more.
Of course!

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I should have mentioned that as I arrived a Spitfire flew overhead, just grabbed the camera in time for a quick shot! I reckon it was flying into Goodwood,not far away ......

DSC00194.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks to have been a great day Steve. Thanks for the photos. A lot of nice models.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great stuff.........thanks for sharing.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
And a big thanks from me too Steve. It's always nice to get some pics of real things to help out when you need them. To see a Spit in flight must be incredible too!!! Over here, we aren't that lucky to have anything so cool flying over....

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for sharing Steve. I was halfway through the piccies when I was interrupted.
We Asians are a superstitious lot and are into paranormal stuff and such, being at Tangmere are you sure it was a real Spit or a lost BoB pilot who's lost his way?...hmmm. :thinking:

Cheers,
Richard

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for sharing Steve. I was halfway through the piccies when I was interrupted.
We Asians are a superstitious lot and are into paranormal stuff and such, being at Tangmere are you sure it was a real Spit or a lost BoB pilot who's lost his way?...hmmm. :thinking:

Cheers,
Richard
Well now you've got me thinking ! It did disappear into the clouds ...................