tank crew help

C

CDW

Right i want to do a diorama based on a US WW2 workshop, probably have a mate sitting in for repairs and i can use some of the spares i have laying around in the dio...

... thats the idea ....but .... there doesn't seem to be any kits of US tank repair crews/workmen around.

My question is .... would one of the mini art German tank repair crew kits look totally out of place if i maybe switched a few heads and painted the clothes in US colours ... after all they're just really in shirts and trousers so at 1/35 would the difference look totally out of place?

help, suggestions and advice please people :smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi Colin!

I found a motorcycle repair crew (US)... I think it's easy to change the "two wheels" by/for the tank!!

Miniart 35101

Hope this help you...

Regards

D

dubster72

I don't recall seeing a US tank repair crew Colin, but if I see any I'll let you know. If the MiniArt you mean is this one

I think they'd do fine, no-one could tell the difference!

Cheers

Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
True enough Patrick, but for gawd's sake Colin, don't put the hats on the figures! lol

Ron

D

dubster72

\ said:
True enough Patrick, but for gawd's sake Colin, don't put the hats on the figures! lolRon
Haha or helmets! Though you could sand the forage caps into a more domed shape like baseball caps?

First Name
Ty
Colin,

Verlinden makes a couple of tank mechanics kits. They also make the required tools and equipment for a nice repair shop. Lookin forward to seeing the dio

Cheers.

Kit #2511 Verlinden 1:35 US Tank Mechanics WWII

Kit #2371 Verlinden 1:35 US Tank Mechanics WWII

Kit #2478 Verlinden 1:35 Workshop Tools & Equipment

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Reading Ty's useful post and seeing that mechanics sometimes wore spats, I'm wondering whether you could use U.S Infantrymen, same blouses. Or something along those lines. I reckon without their gear they would make very passible mechanics......

Ron

C

CDW

Thanks for all the info guys, looking like it'll be acceptable to get a combination of the german crew and some US infantry in adjusted poses to sort out the figures.

Polux i like the motorcycle repair crew and may just get that for another project i have in mind.

I intend to scratch build all the benches, ladders, crates, gas bottles etc and any furniture thats needed but have my eye on a field tool set from Italeri (?)

Might swap the mate idea for an M3 stuart as i have spares from my turretless jobbie i did for the Coutances dio. ... it'd make more sense in my opinion.

T

tankie589

Hi Colin,

I used the Miniart German repair crew and converted them to British Royal Tank Regiment. I put the guy with the crowbar in the driver's compartment as he looks like he's trying to get a gear on the Centurion. I haven't got round to the guy with the sledge hammer yet but the others all fit nicely with changing a track. I also got the Masterbox crew playing cards and did the same. Hope this helps.View attachment 44658View attachment 44659 Regards

View attachment 47819

View attachment 47820

100_0050.jpg

100_0104.jpg