Tank Driver WWI

P

Polux

Hi friends ;)

Waiting to solve my perchance with the Stuka, I decided to paint this resin figure.

He comes with the Renault FT kit at 1/16 of Takom. Looking very detailed :rolleyes:, and I think is better start a paint challenge than commence to build a big model (and the time it represents.....).

Hope you like it!

Thanks for looking ;)

Polux

View attachment 85681

View attachment 85682

View attachment 85685

DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0658.JPG

DSC_0659.JPG

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
like the looks of him Polux and cannot wait to see what magic you work on him, ;)

did he enjoy his shower after been in the front lines for a years,with all that mud:p :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice subject Polux, something different. The chain mail and iron face mask is interesting to see. The mask protected the crew member from hot shrapnel or tank splinters caused by enemy fire. Early tanks were very prone to being hit as they were cumbersome and slow. Given the poor ventilation and confined working space the mask must have been terrible to wear.

P

Polux

Thanks guys & Moni!

Interesting reply Joe. I always asking myself why they wear those "terrifying" masks...O_o

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I did not know that Joe, was thinking he had his times mixed up and was still medieval :rolleyes: lol

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
he is looking great Polux,just with the amount you have done so far is looking real good

the shades and tones, on jacket,pants and the lower half are great, ;)

looking forward to seeing more, keep up the good work,o_O

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good so far Polux :smiling3: Is it a leather jacket he is wearing ?

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Nice subject Polux, something different. The chain mail and iron face mask is interesting to see. The mask protected the crew member from hot shrapnel or tank splinters caused by enemy fire. Early tanks were very prone to being hit as they were cumbersome and slow. Given the poor ventilation and confined working space the mask must have been terrible to wear.
Yep and even paint chips use to be a hazard to the crews faces...m.g bullet hits would cause hot paint chips to fly around the tank like razor blades.There was a show on History channel about the first tanks.

Nice work on this Polux mate,that jacket looks really authentic.

P

Polux

\ said:
Looking good so far Polux :smiling3: Is it a leather jacket he is wearing ?
Seems leather isn't it..? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I'm glad to see you again!! You have been out for a while ;)

Regards