TANKS MODELS AN WHERE DO YOU PUT THEM WHEN FINISHED

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
you may be surprised that there is only 1 Stug?

On another not to be mentioned site, I did start a Stug fest, intending to build every version and some others with field mods also including history and explanations as to the differences as each version was built

but not sure if that would go down well on this site????
WHY not ? Bob as its all modelling an that's what the sites about an I love your idea of recyleling your models brilliant that way you get two models for the price of one an im not sure now which is the stug is it in the 2nd pic on the right ? as ive never herd of a stug till I came on here but many thanks Bob for postin the pics
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
My pleasure Chris, good thread to post by way

The stug is the well known Tamiya G, not accurate but a joy to build. Got three in the stash!! I find the kits are great to practice new ideas!

If there is enough interest i might re start the Stug fest!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My pleasure Chris, good thread to post by way

The stug is the well known Tamiya G, not accurate but a joy to build. Got three in the stash!! I find the kits are great to practice new ideas!

If there is enough interest i might re start the Stug fest!
Well Bob I would follow your stug builds so that's one ( me ):smiling: an you still HAV'NT told me if im right which is the stug ?
CHRIS

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Testing, testing

2nd photo, on the right next to the knackered Pz Iv, sorry. My pay attention!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Go on Pete show us your Stug, its not illegal i think lol

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Bob it's in Pete's Toon Factory military vehicles under construction thread please don't cry when you see it.
Pete.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Mine are all on shelves. I've only been building a couple of years, even so I'm already running out of room so will need to add more shelving soon. :smiling3:

IMG_20190806_172020.jpgIMG_20190806_172037.jpgIMG_20190806_172049.jpgIMG_20190806_172054.jpgIMG_20190806_172105.jpg

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very impressive display, do you like dusting lol

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Now that's more like it Jakko that what I was on about seein the models on show
This is just part of it, these are on top of the large, high cabinet in the living room, but putting it all in the photo would not show the models very well. I have more models in other cabinets, on shelves, and also packed in cardboard boxes in the loft.

that tank at the back second left with the big slab sideded turret must have been quite a target in real its a Russian isn't it ?
It is, yes. It’s a KV with Big Turret (that’s what the Russian name translates as — the slightly later variant was the KV-2, which looks almost identical) from the early years of the Second World War. Armed with a 152 mm gun to blow up Finnish defences, but as you say it was mostly a big target for German guns in 1941.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dining room curio cabinet for individual models.
Man cave annex for completed dioramas.
Man cave for works in process & hanging photo base. PaulE

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I have no interest in my models once they're finished, so at the next opportunity they go into the attic. However, I was listing some stuff on ebay and just for laughs I listed a few finished models as well. Made about £80!
Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Seems I’m in the majority. Once finished they get boxed up in the attic!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
BOB (MR BOWCAT) I really liked your second pic of the angle shot line up of tanks they look real now for me that's what this thread was all about an the spitfire looked very nice too an the warthog an tornado what scale is the tornado ? PLEASE. An Jakko cheers for your answer on the Russian tank it was just as I thought it was an PaulE thanks for your pics some very nice models there an dios I will have a look later on at all your models guys so I can study them one by one if possible as when I look an take my time I notice things that you don't normally see cheers guys for postin pics nice one:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::nerd:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I have no interest in my models once they're finished, so at the next opportunity they go into the attic. However, I was listing some stuff on ebay and just for laughs I listed a few finished models as well. Made about £80!
Pete
AN Pete that's a great idea sellin your models on ebay an that's 80 quid will buy you some more models so they are free when you think about it . But you like me I always sell my ship models when I get a offer I cant refuse an that's happening now as a chap wants my HMS NORFOLK but as I told him if I sell her I wont have nothing to sail an she is booked up to be in a model show. In a couple of months time an he also wants my HMS TIGER though im still building it but he said he would wait as he has bought my HMS AMAZON FRGATE ,AN MY HMS YORK ,DESTROYER ,AN MY USS NIMITZ he seems very keen on my models as a lot of people said they should have gone into museums.
but I don't think they are that good but just my thoughts on the subject
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Tank how dare you, assault gun and then a very effective tank killer!
No turret Chris

Will get you hooked shortly!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Tank how dare you, assault gun and then a very effective tank killer!
No turret Chris

Will get you hooked shortly!!
WELL Bob you ernt half touchy about these stugs :smiling::smiling::smiling: lol remember Bob I know zilch about them an cor I dint notice no turret so how did they get on aimin the gun if a track was blown off ?
chris