tanktracks monogram sherman 4 hedge cutter

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
does anyone know if you can get 1/32 tank crew figures as the ones in the kit are American I have 1/35 ones would they do or are they too small ?

P

Polux

My opinion is will be too small...anyway you can try to build a figure without glue and show on front of the Sherman....your Kit is old, and sometimes the scale isn't exactlly what they said... :oops:

Hope you have luck!!! ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking good Steve. Are all those sand bags included in the kit or are they aftermarket or scratch built?

Gern

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice build Steve , do like the look off that one, and seen to be going together , well , like the sand bags as well,

have fun weathering them,

what type off men were you thing off using , as if there moving beside, the tank you could down set the tank a

little and have like a bit off mound from were the tracks press into the ground, and that would raise up the men

about 5 mm or so and if there ,kind off stooped over running , don,t think you would pick it up, :rolleyes:

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
thanks Monica for the ideas , I am doing a "bocage " type scene and I am working on the base as the paint dries on the tank I plan to use some Normandy troops from dragon following the tank through the hedge , and as you say with the tank in 1/32 and the figures in 1/35 I will have to be careful that they don't look too small

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have found some airfix 1/32 British soldiers that may do if they a made well enough , i have measured a 1/35 soldier to the 1/32 American ones in the kit and they are definitely a bit bigger :eek:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good Steve. Everything looks in proportion to me too.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
those are weaston plastic soldiers in 1/32 , iv ordered a set if airfix 1/32 which I hope work the same as the stand ins

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Steve, i do like it, has alot of interest and so much you can do with it,

Im not the best to comment on scale, but to me the figures like fine and well painted,

if you still feel there a little short , sink in the tank a little and then rise up the men

or place them were they would natural be in a higher spot :rolleyes:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking good the sandbags on the this kit look superb..and nice idea on the base going to look top