Teesside down to Whitby - A Modeller Needed

S

Si Mulgrave

Hi, my first post here.

I am not a modeller. I haven't got the patience that you guys have.

I am a photographer though.

Now, a little while ago I bought a dalek toy from Amazon to use as a photo prop. The result worked lovely. But it was just an experiment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127197442@N03/24997585626/in/dateposted/

So I bought an R2-D2 from Bandi which looks great, but I don't paint. However, as good as it is, it's not good enough. So I'd like to know of any modellers in the area roughly from Middlesbrough to Whitby who make and paint models to a high degree of excellence that I may come, take some varying angle, flash photography shots that I may superimpose onto other photos which I take. The models will be credited on imbedded info in the shots used. And I would do my photography in no more than one hour of your time, with you present to make any necessary adjustments etcetera

Please let me know if anyone is good for this...

Best regards,

Si.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
So I take it this isn't paid work? I wouldn't have thought you would have got anyone to do it for free

S

Si Mulgrave

No it isn't paid. It's a hobby.

You reckon this is not gonna be worth my while pursuing?

S

Si Mulgrave

If people in my driving distance (post title) are making great models, and they only display them, then this is their chance to have them seen in all their glory. And yes, for me to enjoy displaying them too. It would work to both advantages. But money? I do this for the love of it.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I read it that you wanted someone to paint your model, so are you just looking for someone that has already done a model to a good standard and you just want to borrow it?

S

Si Mulgrave

Sorry, I can see that now.

What I want are people or person who's hobby it is to make great models, to completion with paintwork.

I would prefer movie models that are better known. So Star Wars or Star Trek. Though that isn't my limitations.

I want to go to that persons home or a place of their choosing, spend a little while to get a variety of great angled shots that I can superimpose onto images of people or locations or both. Rather like having the Millennium Falcon using the Themes as a flight path or the Enterprise flying over York Minster... It gives the model maker a chance to let his / her creation be seen in a fantastic way. And gives me a new direction in my photography.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
p9037809-jpg.130163.jpg

p9037814-jpg.130164.jpg

p9037800-jpg.130157.jpg

img_3247-jpg.130094.jpg

p3046825_zps3owtv6gv-jpg.112501.jpg

p3046826_zpsspyi6szy-jpg.112502.jpg

p3046824_zpscknohsyk-jpg.112503.jpg

p3046845_zps9diqfefk-jpg.112508.jpg

These sort of stuff?

S

Si Mulgrave

They are brilliant, and yes. Especially the "heap of junk". That's beautiful

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
They are brilliant, and yes. Especially the "heap of junk". That's beautiful
Thank you, glad you like them. Unfortunately, I am at least a couple of hours away from Whitby. Hope you do get some folk from here, would be nice their builds in various settings.