Terry's F-104g Tiger meet for the sig

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Your Starfighter is looking good Terry, going to be a great build for sure.

0ne48thtel

I have primed it and I think that is as good as I am going to get the sides along the cockpit. Although the lip has gone you can still see a fault. View attachment 69332

View attachment 69334

View attachment 69335

View attachment 69336

I am now thinking of painting all over black and then masking out the tiger stripes before going over in yellow. My thinking behind this ia that when you look at the real one it looks to me as though it is yellow over black. Also it would have been cheaper to paint it all black then gp over it with the more expensive paint. Any thoughts anyone?PRMND1.JPG

PRMND2.JPG

PRMND3.JPG

PRMND4.JPG

P

Polux

Mmmmm..... I don't know if that can help you, but I paint the principal color first (orange in my case) and now will paint the stripes in black (but mine is a car,so is much small than your build).

Just can say, I'm afraid to mask the existence paint, and once do it the stripes, the mask damage my work.... will try to do at 'free hand'

And, this bird is looking very good!!

Cheers

0ne48thtel

I am undecided Polux and I know where your coming from when you say about the principal colour first. Maybe that is the safest and best option

First Name
Dave
Looking good Terry.I think you made the right decision to paint it yellow first.

0ne48thtel

Thanks Dave I think it was the right choice, Its a bit of a sod keeping track what's going to be black and what is yellow but I am having fun doing it. It most certainly won't be the best build I have done but fun all the same

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Then he would have definitely heard it. Is that a liquid mask you are using for the stripes?

0ne48thtel

that would depend on if he were up or down wind from it and the speed of the plane;). It is indeed a liquid mask Joe that way I can play with it a bit and add little bitsif not happy.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Terry it's looking very good so far. When i did my Lynx helicopter in tiger srtripes i started at one end masked up with white tac just a couple of stripes then sprayed them then when dry did a couple more moving along the tail boom that way i could keep track of where i were and what it looked like slow process i know but it did work

0ne48thtel

Thanks for that Ian I did think about doing that as you will know it isn't easy keeping tabs on where you are.

Thanks for the advice Polux I think it was a good move also.