Terry's F104 Tiger for the sig

0ne48thtel

This is my first attempt at a Sig build and all in all I have enjoyed it. The kit posed a lot of challenges but nothing that could'nt be sorted with advice and a bit of trial and error.

I used an A/M cockpit wich in it's self gave me problems with fit ect ect. This is only a cheap kit and it shows in the quality of detail.

Once I had fettled all the filling I primed it and sorted out a few gremlins in the paint. I then went on and put the yellow down (only after a bit of indecision) This seemed to take an age to get to a suitable shade.

As I did not want to use the decal stripes I masked the stripes out using masking fluid. I then put the black over the top. Once done the mask was removed and the paint tidied up a bit before applying Klear.

The decals soon followed and then a coat of Valejo gloss varnish.

View attachment 71544

View attachment 71546

View attachment 71548

View attachment 71550

View attachment 71553

View attachment 71555

View attachment 71558

View attachment 71561

001.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

First Name
Dave
Great job on that old kit Terry.Your problems with the cockpit don't show at all.

T

treyzx10r

Always have liked the Starfighter and you've done a great job on this one Terry!

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys. Dave I am happy with the way it turned out. I wasn't expecting it to come out anywhere near this.

T

tecdes

Nice work Terry. Bet the camouflage was fun. That yellow must have been fun.

Laurie

0ne48thtel

Laurie if I never paint another yellow kit it will be to soon

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job terry , the paint job is excellent, cheers tony