Thank God for Small mercies...

A

Andy

Hi guys, while battling with the enormity of the Push into Russia Dio i have been creating smaller Dio's on the side to give my mind a bit of a rest!

Scene below, small but tells a story in terms of the German supply situation towards the end on the Eastern Front.

Figures are Resin numbers, Gun is the Tamiya Pak 40 (built badly some years ago) and the gun emplacement itself is the one by Great North Roads - very nice piece of kit and the detail is exemplary. Much to be done as is always the case, but here are the beginnings.

Anyway, the story.

An Anti-tank battery wait in the blistering cold for the supplies that maybe never come. Their thoughts turn to the onslaught about to crash into them, a wave of fire and steel, their situation hopeless. Suddenly the barrel fire Klaus had been trying to start for what seemed like days sprung into life, the crackling drawing the attention of the men nearby. Maybe things weren’t so bad after all, thank god for small mercies...

View attachment 50778View attachment 50779View attachment 50780

View attachment 53411

View attachment 53412

View attachment 53413

Gun Emplacement 3.JPG

Gun Emplacement 1.JPG

Gun Emplacement 2.JPG

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking realy good Andy and the gun emplacement looks the bees knees should turn out to be a cracking diorama. Also the figures look spot on

A

Andy

Thanks Ian, the gun emplacement is of excellent quality and i would thoroughly recommend it. The detail is top notch.

Lets hope to have this one done as quick as time permits, i have another Caen era Tiger column on the go as well so will need the room freed up.

P

Polux

All the best with It Andy!! I understand you, it's a good thing have another dio o model to disconect some times.

Looking very good!! Can I ask if probably you will creating a camouflage net suspended to win in quality and offer more dimension to the diorama?

Cheers. Polux

A

Andy

Thanks guys appreciate the comments so far.

I will be adding some sort of net Polux, just to give it the look of a concealed position. Also, will be having a canvas cover over the breach - seen it in a photo, but it will also help aid the hide of the bad build in that area. Also have a couple of snow covered Fir's to through into the mix, so the dio will have height.

T

tufty

hi andy great dio iwas wondering where you got the base and how much

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
hi andy great dio iwas wondering where you got the base and how much