That was not what was in the box!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It too long a title for a forum header, so "that wasn't in the box!" is pretty much same.

So what s this all about?

Build any kit, but and its a big but, it has to be converted to a different version, mark or specification...That is visually obvious. So no "electronic/avionic mk changes please.

We are thinking out side the box here, pun intended... :smiling3:

No rules about how you get there, Resin sets, scratch built or cross kit. As long as the end result looks very different to the posted box art, I s'pose we'er happy.

Oh and it has to have been done in real life!

Any questions, post them in here.

building starts first of April, but you may start the thread before.

Ian M

First Name
Dave
Blooming eck!,another build.Im still on the first one!.Where do you people find the time for all this model making?.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I was hoping to get on this one but Ive just noticed the Japanese Group build is the same time , and I was wanting to get on board that one too. I dont think (in fact I know for definite!) that I would be able to do both in the 3 months so Ive got to decide which one I'm going to try and do. The 'not what was in the box' Ive got is a cross kitting of a 1/32 Mig 15 bis with a 1/32 Shenyang JJ5 (2 seat chinese conversion of the mig 17) to produce a Mig 15 UTI 2 seat trainer . This would involve chopping off the cockpit section and transplanting onto the mig 15 fuselage. As far as I'm aware no maker has yet made a 1/32 Mig 15 UTI ,so it should make an interesting model. The jap one was a 1/48 Ki 45 Toryu by Nichimo with a funky green spotty camo. I'll let you know which one wins , cheers tony

D

dubster72

My attempts at aircraft building will probably qualify me for this one without any prior intention!

P

Polux

Have the same problem as Tony!!!

Have a nice Japanese plane on mind.

And the other option is build a different Landy..... like an ambulance one..... :confused:

Need a coin...... :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Be interesting to see what people come up with for this. I will sit this one out and watch, saving my limited model time for the Japanese and FAA builds.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ive decided the Mig 15 UTI cross kit chop job is the winner . I'll start a thread in a bit ,then its on hold until april by which time I'll have hopefully finished the Aichi Seiran for the float plane GB!!! tony