Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good.
I really cant understand why there are not more models of agricultural machines.
I live in farm land and see more tractors than cars and som of them are huge and quite impressive.

F

Fenlander

Looking good.
I really cant understand why there are not more models of agricultural machines.
I live in farm land and see more tractors than cars and som of them are huge and quite impressive.
Totally agree Ian. Oddly, the truck modelling community have been calling out for such vehicals as ‘loads’ for their trucks for years but it all falls on deaf ears :sad:

F

Fenlander

Decided to go with an abandoned but not wrecked look so it will be rusty and dirty.....

After priming in grey, I sprayed a mixture of rust colours over the parts that would be affected
9F38BAD5-2DE0-494C-A411-6128A83B0E0B.jpeg

A couple of coats of Mig worn effects were airbrushed over the parts that would be revealed. Once dry, I used Tamiya medium grey over all the model

65DE74C8-807D-4017-9EAC-7391EB2FBF6D.jpeg

This was then worked with water to reveal the rust layer in patches

5E7D672D-485C-43C8-9BED-4D4D514E0B15.jpeg

This all looks very raw at the moment but will soften when the washes and filters are applied. Just got to let all this fully dry out for a bit and then I can carry on. Time to take the dog for a walk and get my 45 minutes of exercise.........

J

John Rixon

Looking good.
Couldn't agree more Ian, this is on my list of wants, nice to tackle something that isn't an instrument of destruction eh?

J

John Rixon

Decided to go with an abandoned but not wrecked look so it will be rusty and dirty.....

After priming in grey, I sprayed a mixture of rust colours over the parts that would be affected
View attachment 291175

A couple of coats of Mig worn effects were airbrushed over the parts that would be revealed. Once dry, I used Tamiya medium grey over all the model

View attachment 291174

This was then worked with water to reveal the rust layer in patches

View attachment 291173

This all looks very raw at the moment but will soften when the washes and filters are applied. Just got to let all this fully dry out for a bit and then I can carry on. Time to take the dog for a walk and get my 45 minutes of exercise.........
Looking great Graham, you've nailed the colour, and this is going to look brilliant when it all goes together! Just walked my hound, best exercise money can buy eh?

F

Fenlander

Looking great Graham, you've nailed the colour, and this is going to look brilliant when it all goes together! Just walked my hound, best exercise money can buy eh?

Certainly is John, for body and mind. A walk with a dog on a sunny, if cold, day really is a tonic:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

First of the oil washes on which has blended the rust to paint a bit better. I will leave it to fully dry out now before, if needed, any corrections and then varnish it ready for further washes, pin washes and pigments. In the mean time, I have to try and get the tyres looking right. Although I quite like the tyres off look :rolleyes:

D7C31A0E-DF18-47DB-9DB6-93F498C71846.jpeg

T

Trekkie_John

Nice one
First of the oil washes on which has blended the rust to paint a bit better. I will leave it to fully dry out now before, if needed, any corrections and then varnish it ready for further washes, pin washes and pigments. In the mean time, I have to try and get the tyres looking right. Although I quite like the tyres off look :rolleyes:

View attachment 291182

I've just imagined this in a field somewhere with a few folks around it saying "we can restore this lads". Must be doing something right if i'm using my imagination Graham :smiling3:

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

Nice one

I've just imagined this in a field somewhere with a few folks around it saying "we can restore this lads". Must be doing something right if i'm using my imagination Graham :smiling3:

Have fun, John
If it gets the imagination going then it makes it worthwhile :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks brilliant and it's not even finished yet!
My daily exercise was and hour in the garden, raking leaves and giving the cat a good run... :p
Yeah I know but he thinks his a dog. When ever I go in the garden, he follows me around all the time. Well until the lawn mower comes out...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
That looks brilliant and it's not even finished yet!
My daily exercise was and hour in the garden, raking leaves and giving the cat a good run... :p
Yeah I know but he thinks his a dog. When ever I go in the garden, he follows me around all the time. Well until the lawn mower comes out...
how very uncanny ,my ones are the same,real hate the mower,and vac,as well,but do enjoy playing in the garden,and one she is better than a dog,
and go,s ever were i do,;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on this one so far,do like the look your giving it,:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

First stage of the weathering completed, the radiator fitted and the ignition wiring done plus a lead from the dynamo to the battery compartment. The rubber tyres were given a coat of buff oil paint last night and this was mostly rubbed off to start the effect of dried muck and dust. This will not be caked in mud as it will be depicted as an abandoned tractor so any mud would have been all but washed away over time.

I have sealed the work so far by spraying with a good couple of coats of Testors Dullcote to seal the oil washes ready for the next layer and pigments.

Contrary to what I read before, the bonnet can be fitted and hinged. However, to do this a lot of plastic has to be ground off from inside the Bonnet as it is to narrow to fit over the radiator and as such, could only be posed as open. Cannot think why Heller allowed this to reach the production model as it is just not right.

Anyway, this is where I am at the moment.

31DC7A6D-30AD-47F3-9696-123CE04F7633.jpeg3BFCFB0F-B03F-4736-8794-438B8AD16C66.jpeg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I hope you've got a small enough funnel to fill the diesel tank when you want to get this running!

PS Don't forget to attach the steering wheel before you start it - you wouldn't want the thing running away from you!

P

Polux

Mmmm.....looking really cool so far :cool:
I like the colour and the weathering. A good combination!

F

Fenlander

I hope you've got a small enough funnel to fill the diesel tank when you want to get this running!

PS Don't forget to attach the steering wheel before you start it - you wouldn't want the thing running away from you!

Deary me....... I took your advice Dave and filled the tank with diesel then remembered, if it has spark plugs then it must be a petrol engine. Called the AA, they will be here later this afternoon........ :rolleyes:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Deary me....... I took your advice Dave and filled the tank with diesel then remembered, if it has spark plugs then it must be a petrol engine. Called the AA, they will be here later this afternoon........ :rolleyes:

Serves you right for listening to an eejit like me!