The 1/1 kit I've been building today

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all had the family over yesterday (to help with this) decided it was way too hot so I've been trying it on my own.

IMG-20190826-23795.jpg
IMG-20190826-59876.jpg
IMG-20190826-33295.jpg
IMG-20190826-42447.jpg
IMG-20190826-53410.jpg
IMG-20190826-0460.jpg
IMG-20190826-1318.jpg
We will be adding power at some point, still got the glazing to do and adding the trim but quite pleased so far.

It will help supplement my modeling area for the messy stuff.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Might be a bit late to suggest this Ken, but I'd put a couple of 3 x 3s or bigger under it to keep the floor flat. It's a lot harder when it's full of stuff!
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ken very nice shed what size 6x8 ft ? an I think Pete is right about that 3x3 an if you screw down into em it will stop floor from sagging as that's what happened to my shed
chris

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I have plans to build my own shed(s) too. They are both going to be 10ft x 20ft interconnecting by a 6ft x 6ft 'shed'. One will be for storing all the usual garden objects and various DIY tooling. The other one is going to be my man cave that all my modelling gear shall be going into. It'll have a little wood burner in there and full electrics :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes, won't you need planning permission, you'll have room in there for a bed too.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Only need planning permission if it's going to be a fixed dwelling and above 8ft high. Also where i live........ no-one cares lol. Next door has two garages and two sheds. You'd not b able to see them from the roadside.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
no-one cares lol. Next door has two garages and two sheds. You'd not b able to see them from the roadside.
We got an e-mail from the council awhile back with a lovely clear aerial photo asking us to identify all the buildings on the property...... Cheeky blighters.
Apparently they do it once every few years to make sure everyone is playing by the rules. I call it spying. lol.

Sorry Ken, Nice little shed that. I hope that there will be some isolation in there as well!

D

Deleted member 7181

Nice shed.

I have found over the years that the felt supplied in kits generally isn't the best, so keep an eye on it and maybe think about changing it for something more sturdy in a few years.

Hard to tell from the pictures but have you left enough room to squeeze around the back for painting/maintenance?