The 223 effort.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then,i`m calling this one "done";)......
Not sure it actually qualifies as a "Diorama" after seeing the recent thread.... no historical reference,no real interaction between figures,and no "Dynamic" so to speak!! :flushed:
.... ANYWAY, it`s got lots of different "BITS" and some groundwork,so to me it`s a Dio!!:money-face:
With no more ado...... ere be pics.........
IMG20220529173733.jpg
IMG20220529173741.jpg
IMG20220529174026.jpg
IMG20220529173903.jpg
IMG20220529173850.jpg
IMG20220529173822.jpg
So that`s that!.... kinda pleased,but learnt a lot that i`d do differently next time:thumb2:,
Thanks for all of your input along the way,tis much appreciated:cool:,
See you soon Guys,cheers for now,
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Mr. Smiff,

Personally, I think you are being too hard on yourself. This is a very nice Diorama and you have done an outstanding job on it. The gardening is excellent, the figure placement and the layout is too. If anything, you forgot to add a lawnmower into the mix, but that's a moot point. Seriously Andy, this has come together really well and you should be proud of your work!!!....

If this is a scene in or around Normandy in '44, then the only negative thing I see, would be the air recognition flag on the 223. At this time the allies had air superiority and it wouldn't be used on a vehicle as it was a sure target if seen from the air....Again, a moot point too. Great work Sir!!!.............

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

As the others have said, it has come out beautifully and I for one really like it! Very well done.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
That is definitely a diorama to my way of thinking and a very good one as well. It's very nicely composed and each element is skillfully done. You should be proud of this.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
" Yes " the cry went up from the committee, the chair man was asleep until then having a light snooze. After a slap from Matron he came too and there was 100% agreement that it was indeed a Diorama and worthy of the .
The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Congratulations Andy .

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
An excellent dio Andy,
a good mix of figures, vehicle and groundwork...

I do agree that a lawnmower is badly needed... lol

top work fella

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wow,what a great response!!...... Thanks very much one and all!!:thumb2:
Andy,
That is a cracking result mate.
Cheers Scottie (Dawg!!),not up to your standards...... but i`ll get there in the end!:nerd:
I like that very much Andy, top job :thumb2:
Thanks Si,pleased you like it buddy:thumb2:.
Beautiful
Thanks very much Dave:hugging-face:
Great job Andy, liking your figures particularly
Cheers Rob!...... Figures are always a tricky aspect for me,but i`m steadily improving my efforts i think:hungry:
Evening Mr. Smiff,

Personally, I think you are being too hard on yourself. This is a very nice Diorama and you have done an outstanding job on it. The gardening is excellent, the figure placement and the layout is too. If anything, you forgot to add a lawnmower into the mix, but that's a moot point. Seriously Andy, this has come together really well and you should be proud of your work!!!....

If this is a scene in or around Normandy in '44, then the only negative thing I see, would be the air recognition flag on the 223. At this time the allies had air superiority and it wouldn't be used on a vehicle as it was a sure target if seen from the air....Again, a moot point too. Great work Sir!!!.............

Prost
Allen
Allen,Sir...... Thanks very much buddy,you`re making me blush here!!:nerd: The lawn mower is needed because I do have problems with the static grass applicator,can`t seem to get the basic idea sorted...... think i`ll return to rubbing a cheapy balloon on my bonce instead!!:tears-of-joy: As for thye figure placement,well,i have a slight admission on that...... i originally was going to put the Map holding officer,next to the Chap stood at the front of the Vehicle....... is was RACHEL who looked at it,(She likes to take a keen interest on what i`m building:blow-kiss-2:),and said..... "What about putting him back there instead?"..... I moved him back,and immediately thought,"Bugger,she`s right":dizzy::tears-of-joy:.
Good point re the Flag .... obviously you`re spot on,didn`t think of that at the time...... just thought "I`m adding one"!!!!;)
Andy

As the others have said, it has come out beautifully and I for one really like it! Very well done.

Andrew
Well Andrew,that`s very kind of you,glad you like it....... must admit,i`m rather happy myself!!:thumb2:
Hi Andy
That is definitely a diorama to my way of thinking and a very good one as well. It's very nicely composed and each element is skillfully done. You should be proud of this.
Jim
Thanks very much Jim:hungry:,i think it is too!! (A Diorama that is!!)....... Don`t know about "Proud of it",however,it`s another one that i don`t mind showing off........So i must be going in the right direction!:cool:
" Yes " the cry went up from the committee, the chair man was asleep until then having a light snooze. After a slap from Matron he came too and there was 100% agreement that it was indeed a Diorama and worthy of the .
View attachment 454406
Congratulations Andy .
Why thank you very much JOHN Committee..... Thank the Heavens for Matron:sick: eh?!! VERY chuffed to have been awarded this most coveted accolade .... I`d like to thank My mum,my............ :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
An excellent dio Andy,
a good mix of figures, vehicle and groundwork...

I do agree that a lawnmower is badly needed... lol

top work fella
Hi Chris..... Thanks very much mate,i appreciate that!:thumb2:
..... and YES..... A lawnmower is on my "To Get" list!!:tears-of-joy:

THANKS again Chaps,
Andy

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Must admit that I disagree about the lawn mower - obviously depends on the time of year that you're looking at, but grass will grow up to around a metre high, so you could have made it a bit higher without it being 'wrong';)
And yes, to me it tells a story - "Got this far, where to next?" the "What's in here then - can I use it as a khazi?" adds a humourous touch ;) :smiling2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Done yerself proud on this one Smitty..........well deserving of the Dog's (as the committee are never wrong) and the numerous accolades of your many contemporaries as well! :thumb2:
Cheers Rick,yep, definitely an honour........ "Deserved"?..... hmmm...... :thinking:
Nice one Smitty - I'd certainly be happy with that!
Steve :thumb2:
Thanks Steve,very kind:hugging-face:
Nice work Andy, we are our own worst critics. It all fits together well.
Thanks very much Graeme,pleased you like it:thumb2:.
That's a great finish Andy, spectacular gardening.
Ha.... Cheers Mick,Rach actually said "Why don`t you spend that much time planting things in our back garden?"..... Well... erm... it`s like this.... erm..... :flushed: !!
Very nice Andy great attention to details
Thanks Lee,much appreciated mate:cool:

And yes, to me it tells a story - "Got this far, where to next?" the "What's in here then - can I use it as a khazi?" adds a humourous touch ;) :smiling2:
Thanks very much Gerry,and i like your storyline there :nerd::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

SO THEN, once again,thanks so much for looking in and your great comments....... it`s very flattering and humbling,not to mention encouraging!!:hugging-face:
Andy