"The Bells are quiet"

T

tommy1drop

Thanks for your kind words, really happy to have you along for the ride, and happy that you like it so far;)

T

tommy1drop

Small update on this one, I had a Verlinden 88mm pak 43 sitting in the stash that I thought would look great in this dio.

So it was a trip to the room of doom:D and try and dig it out from somewhere in the stash:rolleyes:

The idea is to have the pak 43 poking it's barrel through the gap in the metal fencing, with dejected soldiers sitting by a fountain surrounded by allied troops and an AFV Stuart, well...that's the plan, and it looks good in my head:rolleyes:FB_IMG_1491297263621.jpg FB_IMG_1491297289205.jpg FB_IMG_1491297280712.jpg

D

dubster72

Blimey, I'd have hung onto the PAK Tommy! One of those Verlinden kits will be worth serious wonga soon!

Looks good though

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Bringing out the BIG guns!!:cool::cool:

T

tommy1drop

Blimey, I'd have hung onto the PAK Tommy! One of those Verlinden kits will be worth serious wonga soon!

Looks good though
Hi Patrick I know, I should have kept it it the stash:eek: but too late now;)

First Name
Stuart
Apologies Tommy I have only just caught this one,you are doing a great job on this already and it's coming along really well.
I find that these are not the easiest kits to join up,was this one ok

T

tommy1drop

Apologies Tommy I have only just caught this one,you are doing a great job on this already and it's coming along really well.
I find that these are not the easiest kits to join up,was this one ok

Hi Stuart glad to have you along mate, they go together reasonably well, you do encounter gaps in them, a tip I was told was to keep the excess plastic that you cut off around the kit itself.

These can be used as tabs, to place in and around the door and windows, these ensure that the two halves can be pulled together easier, when gluing the two sections.

Anyone will tell you that you will be filling in gaps, and that they are a kit that will test your patience, other than that, they look sound once built;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking very good, Tom.
Nicely staggered floor board joints - Reet professional is that!

Ron

First Name
Stuart
Hi Stuart glad to have you along mate, they go together reasonably well, you do encounter gaps in them, a tip I was told was to keep the excess plastic that you cut off around the kit itself.

These can be used as tabs, to place in and around the door and windows, these ensure that the two halves can be pulled together easier, when gluing the two sections.

Anyone will tell you that you will be filling in gaps, and that they are a kit that will test your patience, other than that, they look sound once built;)
That's great advice Tommy as I have done a few of these kits now and that will help on the build,wish I knew this on my last build.
They are testing but I like the end results and the type of buildings you can get in the range.
Looking forward to your end result

T

tommy1drop

That's great advice Tommy as I have done a few of these kits now and that will help on the build,wish I knew this on my last build.
They are testing but I like the end results and the type of buildings you can get in the range.
Looking forward to your end result

Thanks Stuart, I was told that little tip by someone else about the tabs, and it does work mate, makes it a lot easier when joining the sections together, glad I could help, and it's nice to have you along for the build;)

T

tommy1drop

Managed to get a little done on the 88mm pak, just a few bits to add too it, and she's ready for painting, hope you like it:smiling3:
FB_IMG_1491770939493.jpg FB_IMG_1491770933475.jpg