The best online suppliers/stores in United States?

First Name
Andrzej
I was trying different places and I looked in forums here but did not find anything on the subject.

What are in your opinion the best online suppliers in USA?

I know that choices will vary, just please post some links you do like.

Thanks!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I only know Andy's Hobby Store and Sprue Brothers

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm sure some of the US members can help with that but a Google search of hobby shop new Jersey brings quite a few forward.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I'm in no way even near a professional model maker lol. My standard is well below them :smiling3:
TBH, yours are probably above many professional model makers’ … I admit I haven’t seen models by many, but the ones I have that people charged money for, were not what I would consider overly well-built or -painted :smiling3: Not bad, but that was about it.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Depends on scale & type. I use Small Scale Hobbies, Fidelis Models, Reynaulds, Walthers, & ebay for 1:87 scale dio/scratch supplies, armor & aircraft.

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Have done business w/them. Mostly great source for tools, scratch supplies & boat stuff.

First Name
Noel
Paul, I think that Model Expo may be another large online outfit in the US that you possibly may have dealt with.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What about Andy's Hobby Headquarters. I've seen his posts on UTube , seems to have a decent shop .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think the reason we seldom do many online transactions from the US or the West is because the cost of mail is ridiculously high. I'm from the other side of the world.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yes, shipping costs can be pretty bad BUT if you want something very much...... :smiling: ;)

Nope! I can get the 1/32 Hasegawa Fw190 A5/6/7 kits i want from America but i am not willing to pay the same value of the kit in postage. Whilst i really want them. I just cannot justify that extra massive cost

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Last time I was thinking of ordering stuff from the good ol' USA was for a small set of decals. Obviously just an ordinary envelope but I was quoted around £40 for P&P!

I've not been able to find that decal set anywhere else so I've had to shelve my project 'cos there's no way I'm paying that much for just an envelope.