The ' Bought at Cosford' Fiver Challenge build

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres the intro to the build we decided on for anyone attending the model show at Cosford. Please note this is ONLY to be participated in by attendees of the show, the idea being that a kit bought at the show and costing no more than £5 is the subject and that it has to be built pretty soon .Usual format ,ie.post sprue shots and box (if its got one!) but most importantly the price sticker! Gentlemen -start your engines!!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'll be breaking every rule in MY book, but should make a start on my £5.00 build tonight, which will mean two builds going on at the same time. Not to worry, one has wings the other tracks, so I should be ok and avoid cross pollination.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Col, I know you haven't done many tanky things, but even you should be able to make sure you don't get your gun turrets mixed! Unlike Ian of course who seems determined to codge up some sort of aeroplane/armour mix in his 'Mustvan' build!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Col, I know you haven't done many tanky things, but even you should be able to make sure you don't get your gun turrets mixed! Unlike Ian of course who seems determined to codge up some sort of aeroplane/armour mix in his 'Mustvan' build!
I know, Ian, poor confused soul.........

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know, Ian, poor confused soul.........
Yeah. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't likely to come up with summat totally brilliant!
Just seen these from last year. What are you two on about. Me confused I don't know what you mean.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yes please Ian. If agreeable to all, can I suggest just two simple 'Rules'

Cosford Attendees only.

Kit must cost £5.00 or less.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Colin, spare a thought for poor Ian. Not only does he seem to have lost the plot, but with the amount of stuff he ate at the Cosford S.M. Member's 'Lunch', he's probably still got chronic indigestion......

And it serves him right too. He even stuffed his pockets with left overs for his journey home!.....:hungry::hungry::hungry:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yes please Ian. If agreeable to all, can I suggest just two simple 'Rules'

Cosford Attendees only.

Kit must cost £5.00 or less.

Ron

Sounds good to me. When can we start?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent idea Ian (M) . If you could set up a 2018 under a fiver section that would be most appreciated . Cheers tony . Ps if you so this i promise ill go out of my comfort zone and do the mester on the oss!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Colin, spare a thought for poor Ian. Not only does he seem to have lost the plot, but with the amount of stuff he ate at the Cosford S.M. Member's 'Lunch', he's probably still got chronic indigestion......

And it serves him right too. He even stuffed his pockets with left overs for his journey home!.....:hungry::hungry::hungry:
Ron I did it for those fine members who brought food, it would have been wrong to let it all go to waste. :hungry::hungry::hungry:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then.
In the User Created GB section there is now yet another section. Bought at Cosford. In this section we can add all the years as they progress.
I have made the build time the same as for the last one. So get on with it! lol

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right then.
In the User Created GB section there is now yet another section. Bought at Cosford. In this section we can add all the years as they progress.
I have made the build time the same as for the last one. So get on with it! lol
Many thanks Ian

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Dave, how is last years 'under a fiver build' going ?

Can't remember why I didn't finish it - there's only the decals, canopy and turret canopy to do. I'll get it done in the next day or so (I really must try to finish more of the kits I start!) and post it on my original thread if it's still there.