"The Chase!" Group Build April-June, Austin "Tilly" 1:35 scale

B

Boldman

Here is the completed diorama...

It is obviously somewhere in Western Europe, probably late summer 1944 and a Tilly driver transporting some kit has run across a farm with some goodies readily available. Having helped himself he is having to beat a hasty retreat from the farm's guardian along a country lane...

View attachment 27243View attachment 27241View attachment 27238View attachment 27239View attachment 27240View attachment 27242

I must say I've rally enjoyed this build. I've always wanted to do dioramas when I was younger but never had the materials or knowledge to do it properly.

Thank you for all your feedback, its really great to be able to share with a community that appreciates and understands what you are trying to do!

Next I'm going to be building ANOTHER Tilly, this time in 1:48 scale and it will be a Standard Tilly in resin from Accurate Armour to join the Battle of Britain diorama I started earlier in the year...

View attachment 33090

View attachment 33091

View attachment 33092

View attachment 33093

View attachment 33094

View attachment 33095

DSCF3756.jpg

DSCF3752.jpg

DSCF3749.jpg

DSCF3755.jpg

DSCF3751.jpg

DSCF3754.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great job there Andrew! So the boys will be getting Rabbit stew for dinner and eggs for breakfast! Should of nicked the piglets as well; Eggs and Bacon!!! (now I'm hungry!!!)

A very nice Diorama and a good take on the theme!

Ian M

PS please show the Accurate armour tilly going together, I am tempted to buy one but would like to see it first.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What a beautiful build Andrew! You have every right to be pleased with that. I'm not knocking your work, but the dog's fur looks a bit shiny. Is that due to the photography?

Gern

B

Boldman

Yes its the flash I'm afraid. I did add a coat of matt over the dog's fur but it still comes out a bit shiny. The Tamiya Livestock kit is a bit old I think as the mouldings are a bit crude in comparison to the usual Tamiya standard of detail.

Ian: I did consider a piglet in the driver's lap but thought that MIGHT look a bit... er... suspect if you get my drift :smiling3:

PS Yes I have been keeping a photo record of the Accurate Armour Tilly's progress and will post soon.

C

CDW

I like that diorama, lots of detail in there to look at.

One thing that sticks out for me is if you had used the frame landscape instead of portrait then there would have beem a little more room on the road and the Tilly and Shepherd wouldn't drop onto the edge of the frame.

Just my thoughts, it doesn't take away from a really good build in reality :smiling3:

N

noble

Andrew mate what a lovely job, your dio is spot on the foliage looks the dogs well done.

scott

S

Sky Raider

I agree with the others, that a cracking job you have done there, well done.

Andy

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Andrew

Great dio, and a very nice idea. Well done

All the best

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andrew, to my eternal shame I missed this first time (I was away) Thank goddness for Paul's post today....Sorry

What a lovely little diorama, great subject, a bit of humour and most importantly, do I spy the Scale Moldel's bucket?

Cracking job, if you'll pardon the pun!

Cheers,

Ron

B

Boldman

Thanks guys :smiling3: The bucket is from the Jerry Cans set from Tamiya. If you look closely you'll also see the bucket with a lid from the US Maintenance yard set (where most of the tools and the ladder came from). The eggs of course were from the livestock set :smiling3:

R

rogue-one

great dio andrew. the ground is so realistic. and ofcourse the truck is prefect too. did it come with the rabbits? thats a great touch

P

Polux

Fantastic 'Tilly' Andrew, very nice!!

You have left the 'strip' very high to me!!!

Thank you very much to show to me this thread!!

Polux

B

Boldman

Thanks Polux - and here is the build thread as well

I'm sure you'll do an excellent job and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!