The Chat thread.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As most know, the Cosford show was cancelled due to some flu outbreak which you might have heard about...
In the spirit of the show we will still hold the Under a Fiver GB with a few simple changes to the rule.
As per the norm all kits must have a purchase prise of under five British pound. As the rule "must have been purchased at the show" is now not possible to keep, I think the fair thing is that the kit should be purchased in the period the last week of March and the first week of April. Due to the world wide "dont go out side or you will die" thing, this is more a wish than a rule. If you can get out fine if not the Internet still works (for now)..... lol
The opening post must include, as well as the box top and sprues, as normal for a GB, also proof of purchase date and price, like a photo of the receipt.

All sounds a bit strict I know but the spirit of the Cosford GB is to find a kit in the limited time no matter how nasty it is. as it is now you have a week or two to buy one and not just the time you visited the show. Also as the show is IPMS plastic kits please!

All subjects all scales Just under £5 (or equivalent).
I hope that people accept the slight changes and that loads of people join in the fun.

Stay safe

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
can i make something out of cardboard tubes from toilet rolls?
Less than a fiver = knock yourself out.

I've ordered two - sub £5.00 kits, just in case one is a bit slow arriving. I wonder how many of us were on ebay last night bidding against each other ?

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
After conferring with Tony (Yak Face) made a few changes in the initial post so you might want to read it again.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've just done the same as a couple of the other guys and bought a couple of kits for me and PJ today. Hope I'm not too early!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
So, only kits purchased in the last week of March / first week of April.
I bought mine yesterday, Sunday is a good day for ebay, so I shall withdraw gracefully from this group build. I mean, I've already bought two bits of tat, I couldn't bring myself to buy a third !

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I bought mine yesterday, Sunday is a good day for ebay, so I shall withdraw gracefully from this group build. I mean, I've already bought two bits of tat, I couldn't bring myself to buy a third !
No colin anytime from now until the 5th april is ok

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm sure with it being bought Sunday buy the time you get it, it should be in date Colin.
Tony replied as I was typing.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'm sure with it being bought Sunday buy the time you get it, it should be in date Colin.
Tony replied as I was typing.
That's why I bought two bits of tat - I'm not expecting quick delivery. Maybe I'll just keep quiet until the last week of March - :cool: You ain't seen me right...………….

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's why I bought two bits of tat - I'm not expecting quick delivery. Maybe I'll just keep quiet until the last week of March - :cool: You ain't seen me right...………….

YES WE HAVE Colin lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
everything im keeping my eye on on ebay goes for more than a fiver......will have to look for more obscure stuff me thinks

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
mines in the post too!

We will see!

Possibly by the weekend!

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well I shall have to sit this out and enjoy the results. Have fun guys.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
everything im keeping my eye on on ebay goes for more than a fiver......will have to look for more obscure stuff me thinks

There's plenty of stuff available Paul. I got hold of four kits - including three brand new and still sealed - over the last few days. Just done a quick search and there are 17000+ items advertised for £5.00 or less.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There's plenty of stuff available Paul. I got hold of four kits - including three brand new and still sealed - over the last few days. Just done a quick search and there are 17000+ items advertised for £5.00 or less.

its still got to be something that i want to build, got to have some element that appeals to me