The Confederate Submarine H.l.hunley

B

Biber

The model can be seen here:

I used an endoscope to show you an interior and some views from the sub. Enjoy it!

Here is my modification of HL Hunley submarine kit from Cottage Industry Models (cut-away edition, scale 1/24).

Total length of 80cm (hull is of 55cm).

According to the kit guidance, I’ve made movable air pipes and horizontal planes. In addition to the kit replica, I’ve made propeller able to be turned from hand crank as it was designed for original submarine. Also, I’ve modified the model so that the rudder can be operated using a tiller, control rod, steering linkage and sliding bracket. Both tanks where water was filled in were painted in blue.

Hunley_04.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG

Hunley_01.JPG

Hunley_02.JPG

Hunley_09.JPG

IMG_9109.JPG

Hunley_06.JPG

Hunley_08.JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
A superb build of an unusual subject. The finish is first class, I particularly like the "cast Iron" finish you have achieved on the hull......... I like it a lot.

B

Biber

\ said:
A superb build of an unusual subject. The finish is first class, I particularly like the "cast Iron" finish you have achieved on the hull......... I like it a lot.
Thank you very much! You described exactly what is a purpose of my model building.

D

Deleted member 4539

What a debut post here on SMF.

Outstanding build and paintwork.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I saw this earlier and loved the cutaway. Superb workmanship and painting, top work-in fact I would say that this could well be my last fave of 2015.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very interesting ,build real like how your done this one,looks great with a superb finish,well done, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Wow I'm gobsmacked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh now I can speak again, welcome to the friendliest forum on the net

D

demon

All the above very interesting subject and good finish

Welcome to the forum

Roger