The Fascinating subject of Japanese Submarines

N

noobee captain

Has anyone else been watching the programmes on Japanese submarines. There have been a few recently. I was interested in the one following the ROV diving on the wrecks left by the Americans.

The found the Sen-Toku I-402; a thing of myth and legend (or so I thought). I found this website Launching planes from submarines ... (check out the nifty javascript header).

Judging by the conflicting reports of details on websites there is a lot of myth surrounding them.

Perhaps if we find a set of plans then AJG can make a start. Someone has already beaten him to it though ... model Sen Toku

Noobee Captain

Last edited:
A

adzam

it was "submarine day " on national geographic today. they`ve been showing lots of stuff all day, some very very interesting information .

A

ajg141

Terrific sites Noobee Captain. Japanese subs are a fascinating subject - full of character and very different in appearance from their Western counterparts. I can't recall ever having seen any R/C ones over here - although I'm sure there must be some. I have seen some photos on Sub-Committee of Trumpeter (?) kits modified - but they are really too small for our local pond - more suited to swimming pools I suspect!

Andrew

N

noobee captain

AJ, have you seen the Engel Nautilus kit built?

Noobee.

A

ajg141

I'm afraid not Noobee but there have been some excellent photos on some other sites - including scratch built examples.