The Foe. ( Saracen Lord ).

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The colour scheme is purely imaginary. My interpretation of the box art. While there is mention in writings by both sides of the colourful clothing of the saracens there is nothing as to the actual colours.

IMG_0396.JPG IMG_03972).jpg IMG_0399(2).jpg IMG_0400 (2).JPG IMG_0401 (2).JPG IMG_0403(2).jpg

This model is unfortunately slightly out historically for the time period I was modelling ( The Battle of Hattin ). The scimitar would not be introduced from the east for about another hundred years This can easily be rectified at a later date, along with a proper base. All C&Cs gratefully accepted. John.

D

Deleted member 6559

A very fine bit of painting indeed there John. -the colours are lovely and work really well together. A Hattin diorama would be something else.....

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you very much Peter. I must admit I prefer painting figures where I can be reasonably historically accurate, but a bit of fantasy is okay now and then. I don't think a diorama is in the future as in this 75mm scale it would be bigger than my house !! especially as many of the combatants were mounted. a good idea though.
John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Outstanding, superb paintwork a very striking piece.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter that is an idea !! I will have to see what I can come up with.
John.