The Gb thats not a Gb spitfire completed.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice one Darren, i love this. You've done a great job on it matey, five stars.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very, very nice Darren. Well done.

All great pictures, but no.2 has my money, a cracking low level shot.

I do like the smoke, the crops in the field. Yep, all in all an excellent 5 star mini diorama.

Ron

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one Darren,it looks like that is going to hurt!

Cheers

Steve

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Darren, did the Spit ever return to service ?

Colin M...........

B

Bunkerbarge

Isn't it strange that the non GB has produced such an amazing crop of models? We must do it more often!

I really like the way you have supported the model through one wheel only to give it a much more dynamic pose. One thing that I learned a couple of years ago, which would have worked brilliantly here, is to mount the propeller on a proper very small ball bearing and add a small lump of lead to the end of the shaft. Then you can spin the prop with your finger and it will stay spinning for quite a few seconds while you take the shot.

D

dm73

Thank you all for your kind words, means a lot as i'm just starting out and feeling my way round the hobby. Good tip Richard, i wondered if i should do the prop spinning. It is only a interference fit so i can tweek it and take a couple more photos.

Cheers all

Darren

K

Kressy13

Hi mate

Truly great work on this. The pics with the prop spinning really set it off. Amazing.

Cheers

Kresten

F

Fenlander

How did I miss this one?????? Lovely little diorama Darren, the spinning prop does bring it to life, very well thought out and superbly executed. If this is what you can do just starting out, we have some amazing treats in store in the near future then.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Darren

Great looking Spit. Looks like the pilot has got some problems with the starboard gear so I hope this wheels up landing isn't going to be too bad.

The wing damage looks superb BTW.

All the best

Paul

N

noble

Love it loads, ok give up the secret on creating the smoke? you get five stars from me for this.

scott

D

dm73

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, means a lot as i'm just starting out. Scott, i just drilled a small hole in the exhaust and glued in a piece of stiff wire then attached some cotton wool.

Cheers all

Darren