The Great TOON challenge. Chat thread

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete
Just so you and the other modellers in your Toon GB know what is being made this will be my effort.
View attachment 322479
I'm looking forward to building something "silly" :tongue-out2:
Jim
Hi Jim very nice indeed, haven't seen anyone build the Missouri on here yet so it will be interesting, I know Ian has built the Scharnhorst I don't know if you followed the build or not but worth a look, I'm sure it will put a smile on your face at some point while you're building it, so we have one wingy thing a 1 floaty thing.
Pete.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Received today, direct from Japan ( bought from Amazon ), for the princely sum of £7.88 delivered - It was ordered 2nd December - so 12 days, can't complain about that
hasegawa hughes 300.jpg
I'll put up some sprue shots when I start the 'build' - 24 parts, the two halves of the canopy are actually egg-shaped - not a distortion!
Dave

D

Deleted member 5819

Received today, direct from Japan ( bought from Amazon ), for the princely sum of £7.88 delivered - It was ordered 2nd December - so 12 days, can't complain about that
View attachment 322766
I'll put up some sprue shots when I start the 'build' - 24 parts, the two halves of the canopy are actually egg-shaped - not a distortion!
Dave
Hi Dave and welcome aboard by the start of the build I think we'll have one of everything, 12 days isn't bad at all from Japan is it, I will certainly be keeping an eye on your progress on this one with great interest.
Pete.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Pete,
My entry into the GB...

1.jpg

My build may be slightly interrupted as I will be spending 3 weeks in Sydney between Feb and March. The four months will be enough I think to cut flaps and hopefully to motorise it. If it's a Toon you might as well go all the way. :smiling2: Till February then.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete,
My entry into the GB...

View attachment 323235

My build may be slightly interrupted as I will be spending 3 weeks in Sydney between Feb and March. The four months will be enough I think to cut flaps and hopefully to motorise it. If it's a Toon you might as well go all the way. :smiling2: Till February then.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard nice choice indeed will be very interesting to see how you're going to motorised one of these, there's not a lot of room inside one of these plus you got three colours to paint, good luck my friend.
I'm not sure it's in the GB rules that you can go on holiday specially for 3 weeks, no have a great time am very very envious can't fly anymore due to major health issues.
Pete.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Richard,
the Eagle has a pilot ( head in helmet only ) but no figures for the Hughes. - personally I don't much care for the Japanese anime genre :sad:

Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
the Eagle has a pilot ( head in helmet only ) but no figures for the Hughes. - personally I don't much care for the Japanese anime genre :sad:

Dave

:smiling6: Here it's like a bonanza getting these resin figures. Can't figure out these Japanese anime stuff as well.

Cheers,
Richard

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I regret to inform you that due to health issues Pete has asked to be allowed to drop out of this GB. I will not go into details but as we all know health is more important than a few bits of plastic.
I will find a volunteer to take over the helm and steer this GB home. @Polux .That would be you my friend. lol
If you cant let me know asap and I will Volunteer one of the other mods. lol

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That is sad news. He was really up for this, his G.B. I'm sure we will all wish him all the best.

If Polux or anyone else involved in this build is unable to take over, and as I only have one build running for this years G.B. which doesn't start until September, I'm more than happy to help where I can, but obviously it would be far better for someone directly involved with this G.B. to take over than 'Outsider'

Due to the easy going nature of this G.B. I would suggest the running of it would be very straight forward and would probably run itself.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have batted it around with the other mods and the winner is Papa. A good choice if I say so myself as he is already active in the GB and was willing.
So over to you ian.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Before today I freely admit I thought this G.B. (to quote Monty Python) 'Too silly!'
Not any more. My wife has just surprised me with this....She's admitted she clocked me looking at one.

P1210840.JPG

I never thought I'd write this, but what a revelation! I've just had a peep in the box. For under a tenner delivered, what a cracking little kit it is. Far from 'Silly' it's great and I look forward to making a start on it.

Cheers.
Ron