The Great "Toon" Challenge.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
P

Polux

Now Peter will be the “mod” on this one.
For any question or similar keep this thread running, please.

I will be watching on the shadows :tears-of-joy:

D

Deleted member 5819

Now Peter will be the “mod” on this one.
For any question or similar keep this thread running, please.

I will be watching in the shadows :tears-of-joy:
Cheers Polux, I know there are two more that will be joining the build have they got to say "there in" like everyone else.
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi a big thank you to everyone who has and might join the GB, so all of you better get your lists into Santa now.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Count me in, things on my bench getting a bit toooooo serious.
Cheers, Mike.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mick
When I was looking at what to build it was a choice between the sub and the Missouri. Glad I chose the battleship.
Hi Pete
A question please. When we start do we start our own thread for our build? When the GB is done is there a thread for completed models?
Thanks for the original suggestion and for being willing to keep the rabble in check.
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi just to let you know the Toon tanks are 1/43 scale so these would fix the bill to.
Disney Pixar Cars Model Kit
1543525598413.png
Pete.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
These just delivered
toon-001_2018-11-30.jpg
toon-002_2018-11-30.jpg
the Sherman will get the conversion and they will both get variations on my scratchbuilt toon figure, Olga

olga-017_2016-08-28.JPG

I also have a Mater somewhere but trying to do three could be pushing things a bit

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Mick
When I was looking at what to build it was a choice between the sub and the Missouri. Glad I chose the battleship.
Hi Pete
A question please. When we start do we start our own thread for our build? When the GB is done is there a thread for completed models?
Thanks for the original suggestion and for being willing to keep the rabble in check.
Jim
Hi Jim I PM management last night about your question, I have not be told what is happening yet , it may be a bit early as they don't know how many builds there is going to be but will tell you as so as I find out.

You and Mike chose the two I was going to do. :sad:

Pete.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
Thanks
Sorry Mick and I have scuppered your plans. I think Meng have an aircraft carrier in their line up.
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

These just delivered
View attachment 321273
View attachment 321274
the Sherman will get the conversion and they will both get variations on my scratchbuilt toon figure, Olga

View attachment 321275

I also have a Mater somewhere but trying to do three could be pushing things a bit

Hi Simon you were quick off the mark, the figure of Olga is brillant,so much detail :thumb2: how long did it take to do and can you please make me one only joking.

I also have Mater a good one to practice rust tonnes on.

Far be it for me to tell you an experienced model maker like your self how to do build, but I would recommend that you thoroughly wash the tank tracks on the two toons and possibly the sprues as the last couple of kits I built need to be washed they had a very oily feel to them.

Pete.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
That was my reason for buying Mater as well but didn't get around to trying it out :hugging-face:

Thanks, shall look for the oily plastic - may be making new tracks

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Mick
Hi Pete
Jim
Hi Jim when the time to start building gets near, Ian or Polux will put a thread up in the User created GB Something like Peter's WW Toon GB.
Then you will be able to start your own build thread in that section. Then when completed ( just to say you built a tank ) you would go to the completed Armour section in the forums and there should be at the top a completed GB section you post your completed build in there with the GB title you chose.
I hope that you can understand .

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi guys I know some of you have already purchased or ordered your models for the forthcoming GB but for the one's that have not, have you had any ideas on what you may be building.
Cheers Pete.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I've been looking at the Hawasega egg planes. Probably either the F-22 or SR-71.