The Guyver pictures

N

noble

Hi folks this is part 1 of my two part offering, it is the 1/6 scale Guyver unit from home media.com, the kit is constructed of white vinyl which is beautifully detailed i used a mix of tamiya and citadel acrylics to paint this. So i hope you like it and as usual all comments are most welcome be they good or bad.:smile5:

scott

View attachment 34933

View attachment 34934

View attachment 34935

View attachment 34936

View attachment 34937

View attachment 34938

View attachment 34939

View attachment 34940

Guyver 8.jpg

Guyver 2.jpg

Guyver 1.jpg

Guyver 4.jpg

Guyver 3.jpg

Guyver 5.jpg

Guyver 7.jpg

Guyver 6.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Scott, I have not a clue what it / he is, but one thing I do know it's a superb paint job.

Very well done....big 5 for sure!

Cheers,

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
i agree with ron dont have a clue who or what he is but he looks amazing

geegad

N

noble

Here is the sciencey bit, the Guyver is Bio mechanical armour that is organic in nature, it is pared with a human host and when activated through fibrous muscle strands and wraps itself around the human host to protect him. Acording to the movies it has a feel and weight of leather and is metallic in nature, the armour when activated enhances the human hosts abilites and has a stunning array of weaponry. Guyver is a japanese anti hero in the Anime comics and cartoons, it has been made into two movies in the eighties.

scott:smile5:

Last edited:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well in that case i want one of them it would come in handy when we go out down town

geegad

A

andygh

Cool paint job. What's the vinyl like, is it hard like styrene?

N

noble

\ said:
Cool paint job. What's the vinyl like, is it hard like styrene?
Hi Andy yeah it is but if something is out of shape then dunk it in a bowl of hot water till it softens then re-shape it and hey presto.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Like Ron, I have no idea what it is, but it is beautifully painted!

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dave, I have a suspicion it's Scott in his Saturday night clobber which he wears when he leaps off the top of the wardrobe.....nudge, nudge!!

Ron

T

treyzx10r

Wow Scott thats some excellent work really like the depth you captured with the subtle color changes,nicely done Sir!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Great work Scott, havn't a clue what he is but great work.

Have fun, John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Dave, I have a suspicion it's Scott in his Saturday night clobber which he wears when he leaps off the top of the wardrobe.....nudge, nudge!!Ron
At the rate young Scott keeps churning out these wonderful builds of his, I can't see how he could possibly find the time for jumping off wardrobes - and the activities associated with it! :lol

Gern

N

noble

\ said:
At the rate young Scott keeps churning out these wonderful builds of his, I can't see how he could possibly find the time for jumping off wardrobes - and the activities associated with it! :lolGern
My days of jumping from wardrobes dressed up are long gone gents LOLOL besides the tops of my wardrobes are quite full with baby clothes now lol.

scott

N

noble

Thank you everybody for the great comments and the 5 stars, the second part of the same theme is underway so keep watching.

scott

M

m1ks

Hey, i suddenly don't feel so old and out of touch, I know this character, I recall watching a movie on TV some years ago, (Guyver, Dark hero i think), I remember it had Mark Hamill in, (remember him, yes, luke whatshisname from star thingy bob) :smiling3:

The thing attached itself to the back of the recipients neck if memory serves and in scary circumstances whips out tendrils and wraps around the body to create this suit.

I remember that the movie was so cheesy I was looking for the 'Edam sponsors Guyver' tags on the credits but good sci fi fun it was.

Excellent rendition of an unusual character.

Do you have one of Spawn? Now that was a cool movie, :smiling3:

M

m1ks

OK, i was wrong, it was far far worse than my memory recalls.

LOL

N

noble

\ said:
OK, i was wrong, it was far far worse than my memory recalls.LOL

Heh i know its cheesy 80's stuff but what if they remade it using todays tch with decent actors... food for thought! but i got to say i liked it so much i've got the dvd in fact just finished watching it again today lol.

scott

B

backonthecase

It reminds me of the ninja with the stealth exoskeleton from the Metal Gear Solid game on PS1

Good work. Looks nice and menacing!

Stuart