The Little Armour GB chat thread.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko
I hope you chose the Chaffee I’ve built that kit when I was a kid and loved it. I would like to see your take on it

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Both sound like good builds Jakko, maybe you should flip a coin to decide!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thats what I like about this forum they don’t hold you to high standards .

ive run GB's on other forums, first time on here and ive always maintained that its not about the quality of work.....its all about having fun .............a well subscribed GB is a great way of bringing the forum together

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
ive run GB's on other forums, first time on here and ive always maintained that its not about the quality of work.....its all about having fun .............a well subscribed GB is a great way of bringing the forum together
Paul
You are so right. This is my first here also. I’m glad you took the bold step and started it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I hope you chose the Chaffee I’ve built that kit when I was a kid and loved it. I would like to see your take on it
I’d prefer the Matchbox one myself, but I don’t have one unbuilt. Other real choices are a Matchbox Panther or T-34 (I’ve also got some Revell Panthers and Tigers, but those are being built by several people already, and a bunch of Plastic Soldier Company Universal Carriers and Shermans).

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The PSC universal carriers make up well, and are a really quick build...no decals though.....I made some last year as supports for my British Chain of Command platoon.....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve got a platoon of them too, but the ones I have left, I intend to convert to Bren Carriers and Scout Carriers in Western Desert Force colours (Caunter scheme), both of which take them out of the “quick and fun” category of this group build :smiling3: I think it’ll be the M24 for me.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko
Nice choice you don’t see many of them build in 1/72 anymore I’m sure you will make it look incredible and there’s a lot of aftermarket stuff for it as well including Tracks. just have fun with it.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Do you mean for the M24 or the Carriers? The M24 will be straight from the box, I think, unless I can find some interesting version of it that needs more work.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko
Nice choice you don’t see many of them build in 1/72 anymore I’m sure you will make it look incredible and just have fun with it.
Do you mean for the M24 or the Carriers? The M24 will be straight from the box, I think, unless I can find some interesting version of it that needs more work.
The M24 Chaffee lots aftermarket stuff

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve decided — it’s going to be this one:

F050F359-F9FF-40E7-9E33-197D9CB25377.jpeg
1AE94164-417B-4AFC-AFBC-BD5D0D212F88.jpeg

An Italeri M113 ACAV that I knew I had, but I thought the model had already been built and the box was in the stash because it had spares in it or something. Turns out that it was unopened, to the extent that the stickers were still over the lids :smiling3:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jakko
Great choice I’ve never seen that one looks verly detailed

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve built one before (I thought the box of this one, was of that :smiling3:), but it was 15+ years ago and don’t really remember the quality of the kit. It looks decent enough though, with good link-and-length tracks. Now to decide what to do with it.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Whilst I was looking in the stash ( still can't find what I'm looking for! ) In a box with several half finished 1/72 tanks ( nothing spectacular ) I came across this............. mirage c7p.jpg
I can remember making the Mirage 1/35 version of this, but have no recollection of where this came from! On looking at the sprues, I find a compulsion to actually have a go at this ( after finishing my Leopard, oh - and my Expeditor ). It has a lot of parts, a tiny fret of PE, a little resin part that I can't identify yet, and a set of vinyl tracks. As usual, with my smaller stashed models, the box has been flattened, but the plastic bags are still sealed
Dave

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi - hopefully it's not too late to join the GB

Picked this up for a fiver yesterday at the Model Show at Bovington Tank Museum - never built an "ACE" kit before so it could be interesting....

Dolly Parton ?????

Regards

Mark

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
never built an "ACE" kit before so it could be interesting....
Ah, you’ll be in for a treat … if you like small parts, especially fragile small parts :smiling3: At least this one has plastic tracks instead of etched brass ones.

Dolly Parton ?????
Super Dolly Parton, even.

When a new model of T-72 fitted with an uparmoured turret was spotted by American intelligence in the 1980s, they likened it to Dolly Parton, due to its appearance compared to the previous models. A later version that added even more turret armour then became the “Super Dolly Parton” variant.

wasdale32

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Already discovered that there are 70+ ERA block units to add to the hull, skirts and turret....

Link & Length tracks and individual smoke discharger barrels

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
just a reminder that theres only 1 week left for this GB

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so technically this GB is over,......if theres any stragglers please feel free to complete your projects

id like to thank every one who joined in, its been great fun