The Master Class.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
After a chat with Paul P he has kindly agreed to host a Master Class for all you budding Figure builds. Be it chopping a kit figure, to a from the ground up figure sculpt.

I hope that you all use this new section to the full and if this is a success we could find another area to do a Master Class in.

I will hand over to Paul and let him lay the foundations for this thread.

Ian M

P

Polux

I really like the idea Ian!

And thank you very much to Paul for his patience and effort ;)

Regards

Polux

Z

Ziper_it

I'm with you, even though will be hard to get close to those levels. But this is the target, isn't?

And yes, thank you Paul and Ian!

Francesco

L

Laurie

First class. Just find it difficult with 1/48 pilots etcetera. So this is great news.

Thanks to Paul for his time.

Laurie

First Name
Dave
I will be watching this as I haven't a clue about painting figures.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
If it is okay, I will watch but not comment, my shaky hands will prevent me from sculpting but the techniques maybe useful for some other items.

Si:smiling3:

O

omi1966

Thanks Paul for your time, learning from a master nowt better.

P

Paul P

Thanks for the interest guys, i will try to break a figure down to seperate parts and we can go over each piece and if anyone wants to, they can have a go and put up some pics, and have a discussion about it. Remember there is no stress on this just have fun

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I am wondering if there is a couple of the more experienced Figure builders/sculptors that would be interested in picking this subject up.
Unfortunately Paul P has not been around for quite some time and now that we have a good handful of top figure painters and builders I feel the time right to try get this going again.
You would be required to make a very in detail step by step so all can follow along.
Any one up for it?

Last edited:
First Name
Julian
Ian, Hey, here I am.
I’m also a sculptor and artist that love to paint with óleos.
This is a funny figure I sculpted to compete on a IPMS show long time ago and the figure won an award and a spread on the “Modeler’s Resource Magazine.
The idea was to create a mosquito that feeds on Raid.
The entire body is shaped using ”Apoxie Sculpt”.
The double wings where made using brass wires and food stretching wrap which I stretched more with a hair blower to later poke some holes with a hot nail to make it like a worn out old folk mosquito, the antennas are wires used to place stents in your body and they are super flexible making the mosquito look real.
The Eyes are Bobcat eyes from a taxidermist company, but the eye latches I purchased from a local drug store, you guys should have seeing the look that the ladies gave me when I was choosing witch one to buy.
I sold the figure for $500.00 to…an exterminator. IMG_3315.jpeg
Here are the pictures and once more I really hope you guys like it.
I am wondering if there is a couple of the more experienced Figure builders/sculptors that would be interested in picking this subject up.
Unfortunately Paul P has not been around for quite some time and now that we have a good handful of top figure painters and builders I feel the time right to try get this going again.
You would be required to make a very in detail step by step so all can follow along.
Any one up for it?
IMG_3302.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg
IMG_3306.jpegIMG_3308.jpegIMG_3310.jpegIMG_3313.jpegIMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3305.jpeg
IMG_3167.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpeg
    IMG_3309.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1