The Motorbike Thread

oofafoo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice Steve. I've been lucky enough to ride all the various Multistrada models over the past few years, but have yet to get a go on the V4 version. Have to say that they seem to have become more refined with each iteration.

Nick
You're not wrong Nick, the V4 is unbelievable if a little too much power, more then I could ever use. However, it eats up the miles and is extremely comfy and when you arrive, take the panniers off to ride mountain passes and switchbacks.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
View attachment 494563
Love my current ride. 2020 Fat Boy.

Always loved cruisers and had various makes and models over the years, including Suzuki's and Viragos. My wife currently has the 750 Virago. Lovely bike too.
Looks nice Graeme.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Said goodbye to this one last week. Been in the family since 1986, it was my wife's bike after she passed her test. We only paid 75 quid for it originally, but it had a bit of a makeover around the turn of the century when parts were still plentiful and relatively cheap.

View attachment 481162

Still got a couple of two-strokes.

Nick.
Blimmin' lovely that is !!
Always had a love for those early trialies, not the same,but my very first bike was DT 125 in '82 :smiling3:

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
View attachment 494563
Love my current ride. 2020 Fat Boy.

Always loved cruisers and had various makes and models over the years, including Suzuki's and Viragos. My wife currently has the 750 Virago. Lovely bike too.
That looks lovely, I had a go on my mates ( much older Fat Boy ) years ago, Outrageous bars on his one , not much ground clearance round tight bends and No One sleeps when he drives by ;)SAM_1978.jpegSAM_1980.jpegSAM_1994.jpeg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
One of the guys in the shop had a silver one w/straight pipes that would set off the car alarms if he punched it on the back street to work.

Gary G

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
yea parts are a bit of a night mare, my old XT250 iv not quite finished was a cheap buy but bits are like hens teeth or a dr's appointment!!!
I remember finding a pair of original foot pegs with the rubber infills nearly new, owner would not part with them but all that said she is just about complete iv had to use some lesser desirably items but I will change them out once I find them!!(if)
is the DT not tax and mot exempt now?
I have the 250 in my stash 1/12
simon
XT 250. The first bike I bought for myself as a young soldier 1980, much to the annoyance of my parents. Black & White with gold wheels, wish I still had it.
Having sold my FJ1200,when children arrived, I got back into biking having retired from the Police in 2015. I’m currently on my 3rd BMW GS1250.

Last edited:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you want in here, so apologies if I've crossed a line, but I'm currently working on a CRF1000 "Africa Twin" for a mate.

So far it's had a complete frame swap, so absolutely everything out and into a different one. Tricky when there's so much gubbins packed into such a small space!

Some of the bracketry was different so we've had to chop some bits from the old frame and weld them onto the replacement, which meant me having to match the weird charcoal, satin metallic finish it has.

1000006669.jpg

1000006670.jpg

1000006398.jpg

I've just finished painting all of the bodywork in a satin grey colour, ready for this graphics kit to be applied:

1000006588.jpg

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Sorry - NOT a motorbike! 'When I get my moped back on the road I'm gonna ride, ride, ride ...' (Apologies to Jasper Carrott)
Steve
I remember when I did my Bike Safe course with Dorset plod. I took my Honda Silverwing! An elastic band powered 'moped'!!!! Should have seen the 'bikers' when plod told me to open it up on a duel carriageway. Copper flew past me and told me to slow down when I passed 120!!!!
But as you say - it isn't a motorbike!!!!! :smiling: But great fun!!!!

Doug's mobile armchair!!! (Well - was)
SDC10255.jpg

Last edited: