The old Airfix Bolton Paul Defiant nightmare.

Bigfoot57

SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Richard
I remember this one but when I last built this it was in a plastic bag hanging up in our local newsagent similar to this one by the way great build so far

Regards

Colin

1B7B795A-DA82-406A-9083-586D734E99B7.jpeg

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice work on the nose Richard, looks great :thumb2:
Steven

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys,

Jim, yes there would be chipping if it was cellulose putty. I used Magic Sculpt so it's a bit harder but normally I would use a corner of a file to score and then only scribe with a scriber. For the curves I use a PE saw.

Colin, if its in a plastic bag chances are it's a relic and molded before I was born. Even the picture depicts the nose wrongly.

Steven, the plastic surgeon says thank you.

I've done a bit just now by scribing and adding the screw heads with sliced styrene rod...

P62.jpg

On close up scribing looks quite roughly done as my eyes are starting to blur a little.

P63.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
Today was very productive...I think I finished the correction.

P64.jpg

Painted and matched the colours. They look lighter than rest of the plane I presume through oxidation and that I haven't applied the varnish. With the varnish its quite near.

P65.jpg

After some post shading and stains from the exhaust I coated with matt varnish...

P66.jpg

Bits of dust from the previous sanding attracted by static.

P67.jpgP68.jpg

Calling this done with one final picture. You'll find the rest in the completed section.

P69.jpg

Thanks for staying with me and looking in.

Cheers,
Richard