The Perfect Modelling Room

W

whittle-green

Hi. I've just been reading through the June 'Model Rail' magazine and found a very interesting article about how people have there rooms wih there model railways in. It suggests the ideal conditions, such as temperature and light for good working conditions. But the most intersting part, I found, is the diagrams nearer the bottom which shows how he wanted his perfect room for the layout. It has everything from drawers, cuboards, stock shelving and more!

If you want to see the article it is here: Removed (scanned and is around 1.31MB)

Just thought I would share it with the others,

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Sorry mate I've had to remove the article as we have already had a publisher mention to us about posting copyright material :sad:

W

whittle-green

Sorry mate I've had to remove the article as we have already had a publisher mention to us about posting copyright material :sad:
Oh, okay :shucks:. Even if I put something along the lines of 'This article feactured is no way apart of the 'Scale-Models' forum and has been taken from the 'Model Rail' June 2004 magazine, all items & photographs on this article are copyright there respective owner.'

I dont see why you cant put things along the line of that on as its free advertising for there magazine! But, oh well.

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Oh, okay :shucks:. Even if I put something along the lines of 'This article feactured is no way apart of the 'Scale-Models' forum and has been taken from the 'Model Rail' June 2004 magazine, all items & photographs on this article are copyright there respective owner.'I dont see why you cant put things along the line of that on as its free advertising for there magazine! But, oh well.

Andy
Got to agree with you, it's like why do they have photocopy machines in libraries :shoot:

This is part of the email, and the post in question the person only offered to scan it in.

Secondly I dialed up the site and immediately saw a note in the Submarines section suggesting that someone would scan a recent feature article out of a model mag ( MMI actually) and pass it on to another modeller. This is of course breach of coypright of both Traplet and the author, and also conflicts with our 'back issue' for sale policy!!
So seen that these guys have been good enough to advertise this forum for free I don't want to p**s them off :pain:

W

whittle-green

I can see what the magazines owners are saying, if people scan the articles it saves others having to buy the mag and so the magazine owners miss out on a profit.

Andy