The Refreshment Stop

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
My first attempt at buildings using hard foam. It is certainly not as easy as people like John R and Ron make it look although it has great potential. The vehicle is the Skybow M38A1C converted to an Israeli CJ-5M with the Accurate Armour conversion kit.

It is 1970 and an IDF patrol has stopped in a small town for some refreshment.
P1060993.JPG

P1060994.JPG

P1060995.JPG

P1060996.JPG

P1060998.JPG

P1060997.JPG

P1060999.JPG

P1070001.JPG

P1070002.JPG

P1070003.JPG

P1070004.JPG

P1070005.JPG

P1070006.JPG

P1070007.JPG

P1060990.JPG

P1060991.JPG

P1060992.JPG

Just got to add a couple of bits inside the Jeep
P1070008.JPG

Thanks for all the posts and encouragement along the way.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That is excellent Jim. Great modelling, fine composition, and plenty of detail for the eye to rove over. What more could anyone want :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jim. A beautiful results and the details and pics are awesome. I like that Jeep

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
WOW Jimbo!!!....You've really outdone yourself this time Sir. All the elements are there for sure and a most excellent paint job all around. I love the rings on the window grating! Adds a nice touch and the guy with the water bottle in his hands is tops too! The bananas ain't too shabby either Jim. Fantastic..................

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Jim,

That's very, very good indeed. A great finish!!

Well done.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Brilliant Jim!!
So much to look at and such great finishes :smiling3:
Love it Sir...... What's next?!
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
First rate work and composition. You've got the hang of working with foam well Jim. Love the detail on the buildings and the fruit (Mini Art ? ) sets the scene perfectly.
Of course the committee were suitably impressed as well and have given you a
download THE DOGS.jpg
Congratulations.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Jim, don’t know how I missed this one..VERY glad to found this though… Absolutely stunning work.. went back to the build thread… the building is amazing …loved the way you pulled together the foam, wood, etc …and the figures are spot on… everything fits perfectly together.. well worthy of the Dogs award !!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks for all your very kind posts. It really does the old mojo good when people whose work you admire say nice things about your own efforts. :thumb2:

John - Thank the committee for the much appreciated award. It will take pride of place alongside my Blue Peter badge and my 1 length doggy paddle swimming certificate.
A few of the fruit and veg stuff are MiniArt but most are some resin bits and pieces I bought at a show a few years ago.

Thanks again guys.

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Oh I say! Ding dong!! What a result using hard foam for the first time. Very impressive Jim. You must be really pleased with the result. Really enjoyed watching this project come together. Top work my friend

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Excellent finish Jim, in your next attempt you might want to consider scale distance as an exercise. Not to worry it looks good, I only noticed the distance in the close up photo of the figures being quite apart. I know we always fall into the trap of filling up spaces and have structures perpendicular to the base. A slight angle and some extra space in a corner could induce a little curiosity and tease the brain out of the usual normality of an evenly placed dio. I like that you placed odd numbers of items infusing the need not to question why not add another. All this is part of composition most often used in photography. I hope you take this constructively Jim. Apart from what I've said its a dio I would be proud of...so envious of those veges and fruit from MiniArt.

Cheers,
Richard