The Rithmatist (Book Series Builds)

P

Polux

The Rithmatist.....

Most of you are asking what a hell is this :smiling3:

The Rithmatist is a fantasy series written by American author Brandon Sanderson.

In the world of the Rithmatist series some people are capable of using a magic that involves mathematical shapes made using chalk. They infuse life into two-dimensional figures known as Chalklings.The Rithmatist is the story of Joel, a teenage boy who wants to become a Rithmatist. He lacks the power to infuse Chalklings but remains interested in the study of Rithmatist power.

People who have become Rithmatists are the main defense humanity has against the Wild Chalklings, a mysterious threat in Nebrask who threaten all of the American Isles. Joel, eager to know more about Rithmatics, helps a professor at Armedius Academy when students of the school start disappearing - kidnapped and presumed dead. Joel quickly figures out that the attacks have something to do with the battle at Nebrask and a Chalkling that escaped....

I don’t know which is my favourite one....but my other hobby or passion is read. Read fantasy books like this. :smiling3:

Sometime ago I have an idea. Why not joining together my two passions.....Books and modelling! Modelling and books!

Not copy any photograph or movie scene.....just do it from books. So here there is (and hope build more) my first Book Series Builds.

The Rithmatist hasn’t any film or similar images to follow by the moment... so the idea is copy one of my favourite “moments” described on the book. Just....read between the lines :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Polux

Last edited:
P

Polux

This is the book.

22443261.jpg

After some research for images on google I found there is a new book with illustrations lol

The-Rithmatist-cover.jpg

Here are some examples that what you can found inside the book.

These are some basics draws explaining the magic and the chalklings :smiling3:

7e22998ce45bfb3bccc0f21759f65094.jpg

And a few more....

RITHMATIST_DIAGRAM_CH-23_webres.jpg

RITHMATIST_DIAGRAM_CH-19_webres.jpg

MatsonDefense.jpg

Last edited:
P

Polux

I found, in the deeper part of the model shop stash, this kit.

DSC_3332.JPG

It contents a multiple parts to build different naked male figures. The scale is 1/22,5.....certainly, not the most habitual :confused:, but ideal for my porpoise!!

DSC_3334.JPG

DSC_3335.JPG

With some work and modifications.....this figure will be a Rithmatist drawing chalklings on the soil :D

Polux

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
sounds like a good idea,and what a good start as well, ;)

so how big are the figures at 1.22.5 ? plz,:rolleyes:

P

Polux

\ said:
sounds like a good idea,and what a good start as well, ;)
so how big are the figures at 1.22.5 ? plz,:rolleyes:
Hi Moni!

The 1/22,5 is the G scale or Gauge.

And the figure size is:

3-1/4" TALL / 8.25 cm :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Polux,that makes sense to me,a size in mm,as I,m

not so good with scales, ;)

a nicce size to work with,not being to small,:rolleyes:

P

Polux

Yep!

After some experiments I’ve decided to start this project.

All the parts of the figure are glued, and I separate the non-sculpted future parts, using drilled holes and some metal barrel pieces.

DSC_3366.JPG

Wow! Seems a Superhero...not? The Black Surfer :smiling3: :smiling3:

Ok. I will leave it cure all the night. This is the anti calorific coat paint.

DSC_3371.JPG

Tomorrow be the great day....I will try to sculpt my first figure (almost the dress) :smiling3:

Thanks for looking

Polux

P

Polux

Take a look at this :D

Those last days I’ve been helping a girl doing puzzles. She knows I’m building a Rithmatist, and that the book is one of my favourites, as well.....so the other day she appears with this lovely and funny present.

A wooden box full of chalk :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

DSC_3381.JPG

DSC_3380.JPG

Last edited: