The road to Moscow...1/10 bust

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning work Jason. He is starting to become so lifelike now you may need to name him soon. Keep up the great work.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all
I just thought I’d post a few progress shots to show I haven’t given up on this one....
There’s quite a noticeable mould line down the back of the arm holding the mg34 so I will need to address that but otherwise progress seems to be ok!
Thanks
Jason

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
The finish on the great coat and gloves looks very natural.Same with the helmet.Do you know what I think though? I think the lighter shading around the eyes exaggerates the size of them, giving him that pop-eye effect which isn't fair because the eyes in close up look very good.
Jon.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Cheers Jon...that’s a good point now that I look at it...I will have a go at blending them in a little!
Jason

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb Jason, when I saw the first photo from Monday the guy looked real, was only when I puled down the page saw he had no legs.:surprised:
Apart from everything else looking so good, the detail on the gloves paintwise is most impressive.
John.

D

Durk

Hi Jason, I actually like the eyes a lot, they have a real fatigued look on them:thumb2:

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Jim R, Peter, Steve, John and Dirk!
Thanks for the comments and for looking in!
I,m having real trouble with the bullet belt as it is so fragile it keeps breaking so I'm left with a pile of individual bullets... I have managed to hold a length together supported on the back with a length of thread and superglue but its all getting a bit messy and could wind up looking more like a string of sausages at this rate... if I cant save it I know there are 1/10 drum magazines available via Ebay so that's always an option???
Jason.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all
A small bit of progress made on this after the nightmare of the bullet belt!
I have darkened around the eyes slightly which I think addresses the over emphasis on the whites?
And got the blanket done for the back of the figure!
Thanks
Jason

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jason
That is sublime. How you figure painters do it I'll never know - personally I suspect witchcraft!! I'll bet you and Peter and others have a drawer full of bats wings and unicorn horn! :tongue-out3: :smiling:
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: JR

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good,Jason,:thumb2: