The Road to Singapore: Malaya 1941-42

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Tim, this is becoming a real masterpiece ! The figures are excellent and will really bring the diorama to life. One little nit pick if I may, and this is just me being pedantic. The guy with the rifle appears to be holding a Lee Enfield No4. This early in the war it would have been a No1 Mk3. Rant over. Keep up the good work.
John.

TIM FORSTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim, this is becoming a real masterpiece ! The figures are excellent and will really bring the diorama to life. One little nit pick if I may, and this is just me being pedantic. The guy with the rifle appears to be holding a Lee Enfield No4. This early in the war it would have been a No1 Mk3. Rant over. Keep up the good work.
John.

Thanks John. Not taken as a nitpick or rant... I'm happy to be corrected.

The Lee Enfield was left over from my Italy 44 dio when I remember doing my research and settling for the Mk IV. You are quite correct and I have already dug out some Mk.IIIs from the excellent Riich accessory set...

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good spot there John. Yup...it would have been the old MkIII Enfield. Better to be corrected at this early stage.

Cheers,
Ruchard

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad I haven't caused any upset there Tim. Certainly not my intention. After 50 odd years collecting and shooting vintage and classic firearms I can be a bit anal about the subject.
John.

TIM FORSTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Dear all,

Sorry for the delay in posting the shots of the finished diorama. I did try at the time, but for some reason the site wasn't allowing me to upload my images...

Many of you will probably have seen it on other sites - or in the flesh at Scale Model World at Telford in November.

Thanks for all your support. All in all I am very happy with the way it has turned out. I took a little bit of artistic licence, of course, but I feel that it captures this significant moment in time… the 80th anniversary of which passed only the other day.

For anyone interested in reading more about this action, there's an excellent blog (which I have only just found myself) here: http://www.andrewwarland.com.au/229Bn/bakribattle17-20Jan42.html

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Excellent Tim. Some of the images were picked up by our local members in Facebook and was talked about.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Love it Tim. The guy with the axe is my stand out….it shows off your tree trunk work to perfection :thumb2:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Excellent Tim, but I keep expecting Bob Hope and Bing Crosby to show up...
Pete

TIM FORSTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent Tim. Some of the images were picked up by our local members in Facebook and was talked about.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard. And good to hear that. As I say, I tried to post some pics at the time but the website didn't seem to like me...