The Road

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hopefully the right place?

As an effort to get to the finishing line with anything, I've started with the base first.

And the story starts with a root!

LWVr2VY.png
Badly edited!!

The an A4 basic pine frame from Wilko and some expanded "stuff" for an infill
9PHVIvJ.jpg

Household filler as a layer ready for ""tarmacing"" with gloss enamel and baby talc
SevlzFM.jpg

The verge outline and the asphalt is a little more cracked than I really tried for, but it is workable
RDq7VGl.jpg

The grass
t55yaxV.jpg

and something close to finished, but will need to be blended with the other participants
JTIa0UU.jpg

The light and dull cote has ""removed"" all the layers and layers of blending with pigments, washes oils and such, but it will get another chance to be centre stage

Now for the other players

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Looking good Steve. The asphalt is very convincing. Very intrigued to see where this is going.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Thanks Bob, Peter

Some of our roads up't North in Yorkshire are nearly as bad,, the cobbled ones are much better!!

Asphalt can be tricky to catch colour wise, so there will be a ""snail trail"" of muck and dust to follow.

As for where it goes, Peter?

Its another push to get me painting figures, again!

I have 2 Stalingrad sets, refugees and German POWs and have scribed the POWs and nearly finished the refugees.

It will also include a little ICM K 38 Kadett car with a piece of seriously big roof rack luggage, both a gift from a good friend, must E-mail him soon!

So, more to come, especially with such a strong motivator of working from home LOL

More soon?

Yes

Thanks for popping by

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on the black stuff Steve. Intrigued to discover which AFV this will be for. Looking forward to seeing the next update

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Steve

Its more about boots on the ground than an AFV, surprisingly!

I have just about finished scribing the Stalingrad German refugees set, after doing some axle and spring work on the pram

The German POW's are done, and base coated with Field Grey, I am doing the solo Luftwaffe camo jacket with Peter's colour suggestions.

It will hopefully spark some head painting mojo as the rest is all dull and drab.

Hopefully more soon?

Thanks for popping by

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds good Steve.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Definitely on the road to success. It'll look great with the figures.
Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I know why you edited your first picture! It's a b****y Marmite tree ain't it!? Be warned - if it does start to fruit I shall come and burn it down!

PS You don't work for my local council do you? That looks exactly like lots of the side roads where I live.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Thanks for popping by chaps

No Marmite just a poor shell shocked twig that's trying to "leave" the war zone!

As for the road, its a ""Rough Road West"" would be a good title?

I really have put myself on the spot to paint some figures,!

No pressure then!

More soon?

Steve H