The Royal Navy at Gold Beach

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well That took a little less time than I thought!

Here is LCVp 1127 as used at the landing at Gold Beach.

All the places that actually had some usable figures where sold out! If I remember I will get them later, as it does look a little bare!

I chose not to do a diorama out of it as this will also be a part of my 1/35 boats collection.

I Hope that you like it. I do.

View attachment 23777View attachment 23778View attachment 23779View attachment 23780View attachment 23781

Ian M

View attachment 30377

View attachment 30378

View attachment 30379

View attachment 30380

View attachment 30381

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks good Ian

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice job Ian, just the right amount of weathering too.

I keep having a look around for R.N. figures, but no luck yet. Still you never know....

Ron

B

Bunkerbarge

Superb Ian, spot on weathering and a very interesting subject. I notice you collect 1/35th vessels, my coastal steamer is 1/35th and comes out at just over four feet but one day I hope it will be joined by a Type VII U-Boat of the same scale. That should be around six and a half feet long!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job ian, excellent water staining on the ramp and those knobbly things on top (ami talking bollards?!i dont know ships ) the rust round the hull rivets is perfectly done too , well done mate, cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a very nice job Ian. I can't say more than the fellas above,well done.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Superb Ian, spot on weathering and a very interesting subject. I notice you collect 1/35th vessels, my coastal steamer is 1/35th and comes out at just over four feet but one day I hope it will be joined by a Type VII U-Boat of the same scale. That should be around six and a half feet long!
Thank You! I wanted to do my Corvette in 1/35 then I worked out how big it would be.... Er, BIG. (205ft in 1/35 would come out at about 5'8"). Who knows, one day

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the feed back. If I get the figures at a later date I will post a few photos of them.

Ian M

B

Bunkerbarge

Ian, I try to be consistent with 1/48th for Naval vessels. There is a model Corvette in 1/48th but that is a fair size, as you say, one day. I've got a Resolve Class WWI deep sea tug, an Envoy Class WWII deep sea Tug, a Motorised minesweeper and a navalised small steam harbour tug, all in 1/48th.

Sometimes I put a couple of them on the water together and control them alternatively just to enjoy them together.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Bobby!

Richard, I have been looking at that Envoy class tug for a while now and it does look great. I have a friend that has a couple of Hulls that he is trying to tempt me with. One is the R38 Victorious the other is the mighty Hood!!! Only problem is they are both around the six - seven foot mark. Oh and on the other side of Denmark!!!! If ever I win the lottery, I will be set for the next ten years!!

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Cracking build Ian, top marks on the weathering matey.

Have fun, John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian

The landing craft turned out great. The bad weather and being forced indoors has it's upside!

Cheers

Paul