This is going to sound stupid.

M

Mattuce

Just got back into the whole RC cars after about 4 years.

Dug out my Carson, and love it.

But, I have no idea on the scales!

Par example;

1/8

1/10

Which one would be the larger one?

And what are they into porportion with?

Any help appreicated!

Matt.

jspitza

Jeff
First Name
Jeff
Hello Matt:

No such thing as a stupid question, just a stupid answer! I have no idea either so I'd also love to hear the info!

A

alan2525

Can we have some more information on which 1/8th and 1/10th scale cars you are refering to? Do you mean to interchange a body from 1 1/10th scale car with a 1/8th?

Normally 1/8th is used for larger ic powered cars and 1/10 for the small eletric powered off-road buggies.

i.e. a 1/8 scale model is 8 times smaller than the size of it's real life (1/1 scale) counterpart.

M

Mattuce

\ said:
Can we have some more information on which 1/8th and 1/10th scale cars you are refering to? Do you mean to interchange a body from 1 1/10th scale car with a 1/8th?Normally 1/8th is used for larger ic powered cars and 1/10 for the small eletric powered off-road buggies.

i.e. a 1/8 scale model is 8 times smaller than the size of it's real life (1/1 scale) counterpart.
Well, i'm wanting to buy an HPI RS4, and that is 1/10 and just wanted to know what size that would be in comparison to something!

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Matt and welcome to the site,

Alan has nicely explained the difference between the sizes above.

Hope all is going well with the car, it won't be too long before I will be prepping mine ready for running again this year. Hopefully we will see some good weather to have some fun.

The HPI RS4 is a popular model so you won't go wrong with that one.

Regards.........Mark

A

alan2525

\ said:
I know this isn't really following the post, but I found this site:-http://basementbanditos.com/players/thoog/figures/scale.htmI always have a hard time trying to convert from system to system.
Scale for model railways can be fun too as the scale is related to the gauge too - so running on 32mm track at 16mm/1ft representing at 1/20th 2.0ft gauge, on the same track you could also run 7/8"/1ft representing 18" gauge rolling stock, same size track but representing different scales and gauges. Then you have 45mm track and narrow gauge scaled to run on n gauge track...gah...

thats a real pain!

And I can guarantee that the above paragraph made no sense to me either!

;)

G

Gaz

Me neither well above my head!!, all I wanted to know was what scale are 15mm figures. All I knew was 20mm figures are approx 1/72nd scale.

Much searching later and 15mm=1/108 scale, and the worst of it is I can't remember what I wanted this info for in the first place....

Got the link saved for when I remember!