This weekend 17 th April 2005

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
It is a busy weekend for me as displaying a selection of models at the Midland Air Museum,anyone in the area pop into the Military Vehicles club show spring 'Crank-up' venue is Rowley Road,Baginton,Coventry 10.00 am until 5.30 pm.Plenty to see aircraft,military trucks etc.

If you do visit then please stop by and say hello on the IPMS Coventry & District branch.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
excellent barry !thanx for sharing tjose pics .
*** Another batch of pictures added this evening,now that is over I can get back to normality ! glad that you liked them.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I wish I could have made it, I could have spent hours looking round, thanks for the pics

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I wish I could have made it' date=' I could have spent hours looking round, thanks for the pics[/quote']John it was a really great couple of days,the organiser never did much publicity on the event because it was not really a true Military vehicles show as such,more of a spring 'crank up' apparently you can never judge how many vehicles will eventually turn up at these events and he says that if it was advertised as such a show it could just happen that a few odd vehicles would turn up,but as it happened on the Sunday morning when the sun shon more historic vehicles arrived,guns,canvas tops,open jeeps the lot ! everyone had a great time until the Sunday evening when all the heavens let loose as the Half Track rattled out of gate and those in Jeeps got very wet.

Inside our model display went just fine,and the Junior model builders monthly meeting also went ahead as normal with the building tables laid out amongst the aeroplanes,you cannot get much closer than that to copy detail can you ? the kids loved it and the onlooking public as well,it was tiring but rewarding.

The museum did three times better than normal,so everyone was very happy. :thumbs-up