Thunder Models

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all .
Anyone built any of their models.
I've got my eye on the soon to be released S60 Russian Tractor.
Any points to note, like poor distructions etc please.
John.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
the instructions should not be distractions :smiling:

a review of a previous model from thunder @ http://imodeler.com/2017/11/thunder-models-scammell-pioneer-tank-transporter-build-review-part-1/
looks not bad to me , esp instructions ( compared to dragon )

Sorry Gary, I should have replied earlier, rather than just liking.
Feel better having reading that review. Seems to be well detailed in the mouldings and quality.
Not heard when the release is due, they just said Sep Oct, but knowing all manufacturers that is only hoping.
Thanks for finding it .
As long as the instructions are not akin to Dragon I'll be happy .:smiling2:
John.

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
will be keeping my eye on this one, thunder models appear to be getting good reviews.
i will get back to actually building my models , but i need to re-decipher dragons instructions.

Reactions: JR
First Name
colin
Hi John my mate is currently building the bergpanzer hetzer limited edition kit, I'm really impressed with it from what I have seen so far. The instructions look pretty straight forward and he hasn't had any problems so far.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
will be keeping my eye on this one, thunder models appear to be getting good reviews.
i will get back to actually building my models , but i need to re-decipher dragons instructions.
Gary.
I'd just read a review of a Dragon kit, think it was in the new magazine that we had from the old forum. The reviewer was saying that using sprues from other versions caused problems when building, as you have so many unused parts. He could understand the reason from the manufacturing point of view, but was pulling up Dragon due to no mention been given for some seats, in fact they didn't even show them on the drawings yet there they were on the sprue. !
Hi John my mate is currently building the bergpanzer hetzer limited edition kit, I'm really impressed with it from what I have seen so far. The instructions look pretty straight forward and he hasn't had any problems so far.
Thanks Colin... That's good to know,I have enough problems with instructions as it is .:smiling:
John .

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
John - Built their tractor kit - instructions where clear, easy to follow most issues lay with my skill vs. their kit & instructions.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John - Built their tractor kit - instructions where clear, easy to follow most issues lay with my skill vs. their kit & instructions.
Thanks Don.
Have you posted any photos ?
I keep my eye out for anouncements from their website.
Just hope it's not that expensive :smiling2:
John .

bilbo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dom
Thanks Don.
Have you posted any photos ?
I keep my eye out for anouncements from their website.
Just hope it's not that expensive :smiling2:
John .
John, I've not blogged the build, but attached photo's of the build as it is, and some shots of the instructions.
WP_20181002_10_19_31_Pro.jpgWP_20181002_10_19_40_Pro.jpgWP_20181002_10_19_50_Pro.jpg

the engine cowling is one of the finer pieces of molding fine radiator vents and no flash at all.
WP_20181002_10_20_11_Pro.jpg

Instructions are quite clear.
WP_20181002_10_20_55_Pro.jpgWP_20181002_10_21_35_Pro.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John