Thunderchief F-105D 1/48

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Engine assembled , bit of a waste as you will not see it:angry:
I usually figure out which bits can be seen and which can’t, then only fit the former. No point in fitting things nobody will ever see, if you ask me.

Years ago, I was looking at someone’s Tamiya M113 (which comes with a full interior) at a model show, and the builder mentioned it had the engine and transmission in it too. However, the engine deck and access doors were glued shut — when I asked why he’d bothered to put it in, I think his answer was along the lines of, “I didn’t know yet if I wanted to have it open or closed” … Well, um, maybe a good moment to decide on that is around the time you get to building the engine?

Reactions: JR
T

Tinging

Good point jakko , but i will know its in there :smiling5: , also there could be an opportunity to have partial engine showing like in this pic , just a thought tho

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ve got this in the stash as well, be interested to see how it goes together....
Good luck

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good point jakko , but i will know its in there :smiling5: , also there could be an opportunity to have partial engine showing like in this pic , just a thought tho

View attachment 332514

Now Martyn that would be novel . :thumb2:
I know you not but will still tag along .
John .

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Martyn great work on the engine, it would be a good idea to show it like in the picture, but I’ll follow along no matter how you build and display it.

T

Tinging

Back at the bench :smiling5: ,

So assembly of the M61A1 20MM Cannon and refuelling probe & Landing gear332663

assembly of the landing gear

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI you've made a great start on this model well done as I like the thunderchief in the late 1960's I was with my mate up at the crashgate at RAF COLTISHAL when about 5 of them came screaming down the runway at about 50ft up one after another an beat up the airfield an it was fantastic. the niose was ear splittin but wow could they move but in them days dint have a camera what a shame but im lookin forward to seein your build an if it was me building it I think I would go for havin the engine seen like in the above pic of the real plane
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The "Thud" was quite an aircraft. Exceeding Mach at treetop level going & coming to the North as routine had to be quite a rush. Always thought the nickname was from a 'Howdy Doody' character Chief Thunderthud. PaulE

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great work on a splendid looking engine.