Tiger 131

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
She is so gorgeous and makes me drool. Seen her a few times and I used her for modelling my 1/16 RC version, although I did not do 131, she is in the same group. Superb pictures Dale.

Attachments

• IMG_8679.JPG
    IMG_8679.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8682.JPG
    IMG_8682.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
  • P1012821.JPG
    P1012821.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P1012825.JPG
    P1012825.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 8

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Aww/ That's lush man! Really nice build. Love the weathering. Spot on. Kudos.

Cheers Dale, appreciate the lovely comment mate. We all know that the Tiger was...useless really-underpowered, over complicated, too wide, too few...blah, blah...excellent gun though. There is something about them, and when that Maybach fires up and she be a rolling...oh, the goosebumps.

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Cheers Dale, appreciate the lovely comment mate. We all know that the Tiger was...useless really-underpowered, over complicated, too wide, too few...blah, blah...excellent gun though. There is something about them, and when that Maybach fires up and she be a rolling...oh, the goosebumps.
I'm going to have to go back to Bovvi for Tiger day, 'cos they didn't have her out for Tankfest. I know it's a money making ploy by the museum, and I'm totally fine with it. A great place to visit, and well worth the journey and patronage. Plus, what better excuse to buy a Tiger 1 kit and Haynes manual! ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
She's also a film star..

Indeed she is...pity the film was crap from a tank on tank standpoint.

Tiger, set back in a field in cover...Brad Pitt and his band of numpties trundle along and what happens? Yeah...enough said, olé Braddie boy's tank would be the first hit and the last shot see him shooting upwards back to Hollywood :smiling2: Roll end credits.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Indeed she is...pity the film was crap from a tank on tank standpoint.

Tiger, set back in a field in cover...Brad Pitt and his band of numpties trundle along and what happens? Yeah...enough said, olé Braddie boy's tank would be the first hit and the last shot see him shooting upwards back to Hollywood :smiling2: Roll end credits.
WELL Si i quite enjoyed the fury film an in my opinion its what war was like brutal but fair enough brad s tank would have been the first if not the last to go up in flames but if he did there would be no film would there ? lol
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Doesn’t your entrance fee last for a year Dale? It used to, but maybe that is only for normal entrance, not show days.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
WELL Si i quite enjoyed the fury film an in my opinion its what war was like brutal but fair enough brad s tank would have been the first if not the last to go up in flames but if he did there would be no film would there ? lol
chris

The film was okay, just parts of it that was...well, 'Hollywooded'. It was nice to see 131 running around though.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I thought it somewhat entertaining in that the Tiger wasn't a fiberglass replica & the other vehicles, weapons & uniforms were paid some attention in appearance & sound. I thought the 76mm used in M4s didn't have smoke (WP) & a pretty poor HE? Also thought all the bullet strikes on Fury as well as all the 50cal. brass at the end was a nice touch, as it's often neglected in films.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I just thought it was ridiculous that a battle hardened SS battalion couldn’t bypass one immobilised tank to get to where it wanted to go…..surely they would just move the line of March 100 metres to the side and bypass it!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm sure they would. Looked to me like maybe only a reinforced company was committed to clearing the crossroad. Probably for follow-on mechanized units. Hey, that's Hollywood.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I'm sure they would. Looked to me like maybe only a reinforced company was committed to clearing the crossroad. Probably for follow-on mechanized units. Hey, that's Hollywood.

Two points though as to why Brad and his crew would have been dead and the film would have ended is:

1) As I mentioned earlier, Fury would have been one of the first to go bye-bye when the Tiger opened up.

2) When the SS at the crossroads started to get shot, I do believe that Panzerfausts were used, although late in the proceedings-this would have happened early on with the crew still buttoned up.

As stated nice to actually see a real, fully working Tiger on film apart from in war pictures. But, as you said Paul...Hey, that's Hollywood.