Tiger early

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Any thoughts on wich manufacturer makes the best early tiger 1/72 as in the battle of kursk I've got the dragon kit but dislike all the moulded on tools and rubber tracks in today's standards I feel it reduces it to a toy ,reason for asking I have a set of decals for a captured tiger at kursk with slogans daubed over it in red paint also panzer gray would make a break from 4BO. No Mr T I don't want to carve them off and make my own I'm still a out and out box basher as you full well know just I find this a real cheap shot by manufacturers .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Dave,
Not built a Dragon 72nd tiger but recently did a Revell...Here. I really liked it but did make some tweaks to it :smiling4:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi David

I built the Fujimi kit a couple of years ago. I was very impressed with the kit. The tracks took some doing as they were a mixture of link and length. Cant remember if the tools were seperate or not. You can find details HERE

Just found some old build pictures that might help as well

IMG_0445.JPGIMG_0446.JPGIMG_0447.JPGIMG_0602.JPGIMG_0609.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0638.JPGIMG_0641.JPGIMG_0789.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
4 BO Rules. :smiling3:

Looking fwd more than ever now to seeing this David.
Can't offer any help with a choice in 1/72 sorry.