Tiger I '112 1942' help

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Was just thinking, the mystery "wire" may be the weighted edge of an air recognition panel/flag. PaulE

First Name
Maciej
Chipping is great once mastered. There are different ways of doing it and overtime you will find a system that is good for you. I am a big fan of Mig Jiminez work his builds can be found all over the internet. Try and adapt your chipping to the age of the vehicle. For example 112 only arrived in N Africa in November so wear and tear would be limited. Lots of sand and dust though lol. I like to do my chipping before the weathering stages so they blend in more and not so much in your face. The camo has come out well. Its all shaping up nicely

Thanks Steve
I will practice chipping on tank I did messed up lol (already more paint on it then plastic). The camo I must say is based on tiger 131 as both are the same colour pattern and I couldn't really see the camo on any photos of thank 112.

First Name
Maciej
Was just thinking, the mystery "wire" may be the weighted edge of an air recognition panel/flag. PaulE
Yes Paul that's good thinking as they during 'transport' on this photo and at that point they still had some air support in north Africa lol.
I've seen picture of this tank (112) with spare track in that place.

First Name
Maciej
hello
And again update with progress.
Weathering in progress and some details done, any advice very welcome.
Thanks
20.JPG21.JPG22.JPG23.JPG24.JPG25.JPG26.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice Maciej! Very impressive work.

If its not on your list of things to do you may want to consider dirt and dust build up around the base of the turret when it turns around the main body.

IMG_0077.JPG

First Name
Maciej
Very nice Maciej! Very impressive work.

If its not on your list of things to do you may want to consider dirt and dust build up around the base of the turret when it turns around the main body.

View attachment 319194
Thanks Steve
Yes I'm planning to get more dust and dirt, just need to order some more pigments paints and some fuel spill, and get some ideas from photos and alreadt finished tanks in here :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If the tank had only recently arrived in Tunisia it probably wouldn’t be very dusty, though there may of course have been fuel and oil spills already after the first refuelling :smiling3:

First Name
Maciej
If the tank had only recently arrived in Tunisia it probably wouldn’t be very dusty, though there may of course have been fuel and oil spills already after the first refuelling :smiling3:
Jakko
Agree and will try to go very easy on tank :smiling3:
Thanks

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Maciej,
Just read through your blog, and it was a pleasure to watch the build come to life. And what is even more of a pleasure is to see a Tiger that looks like it is in the field, instead of some representations where it looks like a reject from a scrap yard. Well Done.
Cheers, Mike.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Maciej,
Just read through your blog, and it was a pleasure to watch the build come to life. And what is even more of a pleasure is to see a Tiger that looks like it is in the field, instead of some representations where it looks like a reject from a scrap yard. Well Done.
Cheers, Mike.

Haha...took the words right out of my mouth.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Maciej
Hi Maciej,
Cheers, Mike.
Mike Thank You really appreciate, fortunately for me I'm not good with making models really weathered and used (not to good with sponge technique and even worst with hairspray :smiling3: ).

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Mike Thank You really appreciate, fortunately for me I'm not good with making models really weathered and used (not to good with sponge technique and even worst with hairspray :smiling3: ).
Like I said before, I think much of the currently fashionable style weathering (especially chipping) is usually way overdone. I agree with Mike and Richard that this model looks far more realistic and believable than if you had put chipped paint on every edge on the armour.

First Name
Maciej
Like I said before, I think much of the currently fashionable style weathering (especially chipping) is usually way overdone. I agree with Mike and Richard that this model looks far more realistic and believable than if you had put chipped paint on every edge on the armour.
Thank You Jakko

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
(not to good with sponge technique and even worst with hairspray :smiling3: ).

Like jakko, I don't like model chipping overdone. Your model just proves you need neither a sponge, hairspray or whatever to produce an excellent model.

Welcome to the 'Keep it Simple' Club!

Ron

First Name
Maciej
Like jakko, I don't like model chipping overdone. Your model just proves you need neither a sponge, hairspray or whatever to produce an excellent model.

Welcome to the 'Keep it Simple' Club!

Ron
Thank You Ron